Chapter Thirteen: Nihilism, Part Two

Author Note: Hello, precious beans! Thank you so much for your reads and votes, it means a lot to me. Don't forget to let me know what you think and, as always, thanks again, and I'll let you get to it. 

                                                                                  ✴✴✴                                                                                                                                                                        

 Turns out, Sam and Cass were already there. "What's that?" She asked, looking at the gray box. Sam and Cass looked at each other, then at her. "An old men of letters thing. You can use it to get inside people's minds."

"And we're going to try it with Dean?"

"Yeah." Sam stepped closer. "How are you feeling, anyway?"

Monica sighed. "I'm fine," she mumbled, obviously not telling the whole story.

"Monica, whatever is happening to you...if you know anything about it, we need you to tell us."

She looked at both of them and sighed again. "All I know is I had my powers when I went into the building, and I didn't have them when I came out. Okay?"

"But the only person that could have done that to you would have been..." Sam trailed off.

"How could Michael have possibly cursed Monica? And why would he do it to begin with? He said he doesn't care about her anymore."

"Does it matter?" She asked. "I don't have my power. None of it. I can't even make my eyes glow ar show my wings--nothing." Tears beaded in her eyes now.

"Monica—" Cass started.

"I know. There's more important things to do. I understand. Just...I need to talk to him."

"You aren't talking to him by yourself."

"Why? He's in cuffs!"

"We don't know how long those will last, and you are powerless."

"He won't say anything if you're there."

Castiel sighed. "Go with Jack. He might open up then. But Monica—" He gripped her arm to keep her from turning away. "Michael will try to lie to you. He will try to hurt you and make you mad. So whatever he says, don't fall for it until you know it's true. Okay?"

"Okay," She said, squirming away.

"So they let you keep an eye on me." Michael eyed the siblings.

"Something like that," Monica said.

"Gotta say, little insulting. I mean when do I—"

"If you had any wisdom at all, you'd shut up."

Jack leaned close. "I'm not sure making him angry is the best way to make him talk. Or keep him in those cuffs."

"You are nothing," Michael continued.

"That's not what you said before," Jack said.

"Yeah, well..." He scanned them both. "A moment of familial weakness. It won't happen again."

"Doesn't matter," Jack said, stepping closer.

So much for not making him angry, Monica thought.

"Sam and Dean? They're gonna beat you."

"Please. Sam's in so far over his head he's drowning. And Dean...well, I've got Dean under control."