Chapter Fifteen: Damaged Goods, Part Two

Author Note: Hello, everyone! Thanks so much for reading. This chapter is pure fluff since I couldn't incorporate Monica into what Sam and Dean were doing. So, if you want to just skip it or scan it, that's totally cool. Actually, skip whatever you want. You don't need me telling you how to read a book. One thing though is the last scene is kind of important for later events, so you might want to check that out. Thanks again, don't forget to let me know what you think, and I'll let you get to it.

                                                                                ✴✴✴

   After a few hours, Monica stopped for food. She was by now convinced she would have to live with this curse the rest of her life and was trying to make peace with it. She went to the kitchen and grabbed something chocolate and cakey. She didn't know what it was, but it tasted good.

As Jack walked by, he stopped and looked at her strangely.

She looked at him. "Don't judge me."

He smiled slightly and slid into a chair. "I'm assuming you didn't find anything."

"You know if I did I would have said something."

Sam walked into the room. "Hey.  What are you doing?"

"Not much," Monica replied. 

 "Well, I gotta go help Dean. Just thought I'd say goodbye."

Monica looked him up and down, scanning every part and stopping at his face. "Okay. Uh, goodbye. Good luck."

Sam smiled. "Thanks."

Monica tucked her hair behind her ear and looked down, almost shyly. 

"Bye," Jack said. "And, yeah, good luck."

Sam nodded and left. 

Monica turned to Jack. "Where's Cass?"

"Upstairs. I think."

She nodded slowly. "Hey, Jack, just wanted to say...thanks. For donating hours of your time to read the worst books on the planet."

"Of course." Jack looked almost confused. "That's what family does."

Monica looked down for a minute. "Can we, uh, cut the mushy crap?"

Jack grinned. "Of course. So, what are you going to do for the rest of the day?"

"Well, no more research, that's for sure. All those ancient symbols are giving me a headache. And if Sam and Dean are gone..." She looked around. "I don't think there's much left besides Netflix."

He nodded. "The men of letters must have lived very boring lives."

"Yeah. And they didn't even have Netflix when things were boring. Just shelves of crappy books."

The siblings were silent for a minute, imagining life with no TV.

"What do you suppose Sam and Dean are doing right now?" Monica finally asked.

"Something exciting. Probably in a bad way."

Monica looked at her brother. "Duh. It's always in a bad way." She looked around. "Come to think of it, I think I'm actually sick of Netflix."

"Me too. I already watched all the good stuff."

She looked around. "Maybe I'll make pate a choux."

"What's a pat-a-shoe?"

She gave him the same, 'duh' look he had gotten a few moments before. "It's a pastry filled with cream."