31

Friday strolled around, per usual. It was easy for me to talk myself into not attending my afternoon class because of the plans I had previously made. And I was already ahead of the assignments, so there was no need to worry.

I took one more glance at myself in the mirror before stepping out. I decided to go with white flats to match my baby blue floral lace dress. That way, I went along with the theme. Maybe Celeste will be having a boy. I tightly put my hair in a bun with cute flowers pinned to it. Ugh, It feels so good to be able to dress like this. I feel like I'm going to brunch with Claudia and all her friends back at home.

Ellie steps into the room to take a glimpse of me. "Going somewhere special?" She questions.

"A gender reveal," I tell her. "With Chase." I wasn't sure if I should say anything to her about it, considering the fact she's been around the girls a lot more. But screw it, we are nothing more than...whatever we are, so it doesn't matter. Trixi can think whatever she wants. I sigh while looking at myself in the mirror. I was skeptical about wearing a dress like this for many reasons. One, is Chase making a stupid comment or simply not liking it.

I hate myself for caring if he would like my outfit or not.

"The outfit fits you. Does this mean you guys are talking again?" She smiles.

"I don't know," I tell her the truth. "He came here Monday at three in the morning just to invite me and then left." I exaggerated.

"You know, he probably just wants to be around you." She tells me to ease my mind. But even I knew that by now since he told me bluntly.

"I hate that you're ok with the idea of me and him," I tell her honestly.

She put her hands up in defense. "Hey, need I remind you, you're the one that got bored with your boyfriend. Plus, It's straightforward; move on. Chase is into you, and it's obvious."

I moan in aggravation and turn toward the bed to get my purse. She should know by now it's not that simple. "I have to go, it's seven, and he should be pulling up soon."

"Bring home cake and food," Ellie yells while I walk out.

That was the most we talked this whole week.

I waited outside in the unforgivable cool air for Chase. It is fifteen minutes past seven, and he still has yet to arrive. I would call, but that would make me look like I care when I shouldn't. If anything, I can take a cab and attend the party on my own.

A black Cadillac truck pulls into the complex. I ignored it, considering I had never seen it before. It stops right in front of me, making me question if it's Chase that's driving. All the windows are tinted dark, so it's hard to see. From the back of the car, he walks out in a navy-blue dress shirt with brown dress pants and brown dress shoes. His attire is tidy and alluring. It's almost impossible not to look. His hair was still the same but brushed back, and it seemed to be gelled.

Who knew he could look good in anything? I smile to myself at the thought.

"You look fucking good. Wait fuck that. You look radiant." He sneers while holding the door open for me.

I pulled onto my ponytail nervously. I expected him to say something much more different than that. "Oh-uh, thanks." I can feel my cheeks getting uncontrollably warm. "You look good too." I grin. "You have a driver now?"

"No. This is my father's driver. I didn't want to drive in traffic, so..." He smiles and shrugs. Considering the last time we attempted that, I don't blame him. Which makes me think I need to reschedule a tour at the theater.

He lets me in first. Then he comes in the truck after me. "If you were to be mine, I would take you in the back of this truck." He blurts. I jerk my head towards him in shock that he would say such a thing. I acted like I was not fond of the idea, but I wish he would. "That's how damn good you look." He adds.