Chapter 7: Mirkwood

That is ridiculous. Illusions? I wanted to laugh, but considering what we've dealt with in the past I wasn't sure what to expect anymore. As soon as Gandalf was out of sight, Thorin made his way towards the entrance of the forest.

"Come on, we must reach the mountain before the sun sets on Durin's Day. Let's go, we've but one chance to find the hidden door." Thorin urged.

We then followed Thorin into the forest, following the path. As we continued to walk on the path for hours, I began to feel dizzy and the forest felt like it was suffocating us. I did my best to push on. And I wasn't the only one struggling. From time to time, Anakin grabbed his head as though he had a headache. Ahsoka's head drooped and Obi-Wan's eyes kept falling from time to time. Neria dragged her feet, having a difficult time keeping up.

"Air, I need air." Bofur groaned.

"My head, it's spinning!" Óin exclaimed. "What's happening?"

"Keep moving." Thorin ordered.

At that moment Nori, who was at the very front stopped. We all clashed into one another. Thorin became frustrated. "Nori, why have you stopped?"

"The path, it's disappeared!" Nori explained.

My face fell at Nori's words. Gandalf's words echoed in the back of my mind. "This is not the Greenwood of old, the very air of the forest is heavy with illusion that will seek to enter your mind and lead you astray."

I let out a heavy sigh. Well it certainly did it's job.

"What's going on?" Ori inquired.

"We've lost the path!" Bofur exclaimed.

"Find it. All of you, look." Thorin demanded.

"Look for the path!" Dwalin urged.

We then continued walking for what felt like days in a desperate search for the path. We had no food or no rest, and I was beginning to get hangry. Unfortunately I had run out of ration packs and the others had no food with them.

"I don't remember this place, none of it's familiar." Balin mentioned.

"It's got to be here." Dori insisted.

"What hour is it?" Thorin asked.

"I don't know, I don't even know what day it is." Dwalin commented.

"Is there no end to this accursed forest!" Thorin shouted out in frustration.

It wasn't long until I began to see the illusions that Gandalf mentioned. Not too far from me I saw someone that I thought I would never see again. My eyes widened. Mom?! She wore a smile as she turned to look at me. I wanted nothing more than to run towards her and hug her. Before I could walk towards her, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Obi-Wan with a worried look. "Miona, are you alright?"

I glanced back to see her gone, reminding me she was just an illusion. She's gone, Miona. My mother's dead, she died two years ago...and there's nothing that can bring her back. I looked back at Obi-Wan, forcing myself to nod. "Yeah, I thought I saw something."

"They are just illusions, remember what Master Yoda would say when we were younglings? Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them." Obi-Wan reminded me.

"He forgot to mention how vicious these illusions are." Anakin retorted.

Despite looking annoyed, I saw the pain in his eyes. I didn't need to ask what he saw, I knew what he and gone through. Anakin was the only one who understood me and vice versa. Bofur, who had been listening to our conversation, spoke up. "If your eyes deceive you...then what do you use to see?"