Chapter 20: The Secret Mission

Days had passed since the meeting with Obi-Wan, Master Windu, and Master Yoda. Now it was time to execute the plan. Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Anakin were in the underworld. I was also in the underworld of Coruscant, but in a different sector. I walked alongside Neria and Jara, walking towards a platform where our shuttle was. 

"Why must we go back to the temple?" Jara inquired.

"There's another meeting. The Jedi Council mentioned that it's important." I informed them. 

"Another meeting?" Neria groaned. 

"Maybe it'll be a mission this time." Jara commented, trying to be positive.

At that moment, there was a blast that landed right in front of us. Quickly, we hid behind the crates on the platform near the shuttle. So...this was it. Tonight would be the night I would fake my death. I glanced over at Jara and Neria. 

"Did you see where that blast came from?" I asked. 

Neria immediately pointed up towards a building not far from us. "There's a bounty hunter up on that building."

"Great. All right, here's the plan. Jara, you will cover the lower streets. And Neria, you will go to the right, catching the bounty hunter from the side. I'm going after the bounty hunter." I advised.

Jara and Neria gave me a firm nod. With that, we rushed out from the creates, splitting up. I climbed up onto the building where the bounty hunter was. As soon as I climbed up, the bounty hunter was running. I hastily rushed after the bounty hunter. As I ran after the bounty hunter, it wasn't long until I got lost. Where was that bounty hunter? I quickly moved behind some crates lying about. I closed my eyes before reaching out to the Force. I saw the bounty hunter on the other side of the building ready to blast me with the sniper rifle. And Neria not too far behind. I took a deep breath. This is it, there's no turning back now. 

I climbed up out of my hiding spot, turning around. I glanced over to see the bounty hunter with the sniper rifle aimed at me. I feigned a shocked look as the bounty hunter fired a blast, hitting me in chest. I then stumbled back, falling off of the building. As I fell, I heard Neria's and Jara's voices, screaming out. "Master!"

And that was the last thing I heard as I fell unconscious. 

~Neria's P.O.V.~

I was devastated the minute I saw Miona fall onto the ground. And I was frustrated when the bounty hunter fled. I quickly joined Jara on the streets. Once I approached them, I saw a small crowd gather around them. And I grew anxious as I saw Miona lay in Jara's arms. 

"Miona..." I trailed off. 

Jara looked up with tears glistening in her brown eyes. My stomach dropped upon seeing her look. No, she can't be dead. I grabbed Miona's shoulder as I cried out. "Master, wake up! Master!" 

My heart shattered as I felt no pulse. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I shouted. "Master! Master!" 

It wasn't until the Coruscant underworld police arrived that I was forced to separate myself from Miona. As they took Miona away, Jara rushed towards me, giving me a hug as she cried on my shoulder. After Obi-Wan's and Miona's funerals, I returned to my room. I stared at the ceiling, still trying to process what just happened. Miona, my former Master, who I viewed like a sister, is gone. She's dead. 

At that moment, I heard a familiar voice. "Neria...Neria."

I looked down to see a hologram of Fili on my bed. I had nearly forgotten that I had given Fili a holoprojector. I quickly scrambled over towards my bed, picking up my holoprojector.