Chapter 24: Trapped

~Miona's P.O.V.~

My eyes fluttered open. I tried to move around, but found myself stuck. I glanced down to see myself trapped in a force field. My eyes widened as I remembered what happened. Oh no, no, no. I quickly scanned the room, finding a portrait of Dooku hung on one of the walls. My stomach dropped as I immediately realized where I was. This isn't good. 

"Ah, you are finally awake." 

From the entrance of the room, I saw Dooku with a sinister grin on his face. "You thought you and Master Kenobi could pretend to be bounty hunters and ruin my plans to steal the Chancellor?" 

My stomach dropped. He knows that Obi-Wan is in on the plan. Without thinking twice, I blurted out. "Where's Obi-Wan?" 

"Back with the Jedi. And fortunately for you, Miona, you have returned home. This is where you belong." Dooku replied.

No, this is not where I belong. I belong back at the Jedi Temple. But as I thought of where I belonged, my mind wandered to Bard and his children. Did I really belong at the Jedi Temple? My heart was telling me another thing, which I tried to push away. But no matter what, I couldn't get Bard and his children out of my mind. I fought back tears that formed in my eyes. "I don't belong here, Dooku."

"Let's see if you think the same thing after a bit of pain." Dooku commented. 

At that moment, two MagnaGuards with their electrostaffs entered the room. I did my best to keep a strong face on, but the minute the MagnaGuards struck me with their electrostaffs, my facade of strength vanished. I let out a scream as I felt pain course through my entire body. 

•••

~19 BBY~

I spent many months trapped in Dooku's castle, being tortured for many hours of the day. I was in so much pain, but I kept going. I thought of Bard, Tilda, Sigrid, Bain, and of my padawan, Jara. And I remained strong for them. My head was lowered, facing the marble floor. I then heard footsteps not far from me.  

"I'm not giving in, Dooku. Nothing you'll say will make me cave in." I informed him. 

"Well, that's a relief." Neria commented. 

Upon hearing that voice, my head whipped up to see Neria and Obi-Wan standing just feet away from. My eyes lit up. "Obi-Wan! Neria! You're here!" 

"Yes, we're here to rescue you." Obi-Wan mentioned. 

"How did you get in here?" I questioned, rather baffled. 

"We'll explain later, right now we need to get you of here." Neria said.

I nodded. "Sounds good. We better get out of here before Dooku returns."

"Don't worry, Dooku's far from here. He's on Tythe, busy battling our forces." Obi-Wan assured me.  

Once Obi-Wan and Neria freed me from the force field, I leaned against Neria. My legs had grown quite weak after all this time. We followed Obi-Wan out of the room and down a dark hallway filled with antique vases, portraits of the family, and artifacts from different planets.  

"So what's the plan?" I inquired. 

"Where's the nearest spaceport?" Obi-Wan asked. 

"In Carannia." I replied. 

"Then we should go there." Obi-Wan suggested. 

With that, we rushed down the hallway, trying to find the way out of the castle. As we ran through the hallways, a couple of MagnaGuards appeared. Obi-Wan handed me my lightsabers. "I believe, you'll need these."