Chapter 17: The Battle For Middle Earth

"Uh, Gandalf, is this a good place to stand?" Bilbo asked. 

Orcs rushed towards us, I quickly took out my lightsaber and defended Bilbo as I cut down the orcs that charged towards me. Before the closest orcs could reach Bilbo, I reached out to the Force, throwing back the orcs. As Thranduil ordered his army to continue fighting the orcs, I saw an army of orcs heading towards Dale. And I wasn't the only one who noticed this. 

"Azog. He's trying to cut us off." Gandalf mentioned.

Bard then turned to his army of Lake-town men. "All of you, fall back to Dale! Now!"

"To the city! People, this way!" Gandalf exclaimed. 

There were several ugly looking beasts running towards Dale alongside an army of orcs. We quickly rushed into Dale. I wasted no time in taking out my lightsaber and igniting it at once. A few orcs lunged towards me, however I dodged their attacks. I spun around, slicing one of their stomachs, causing the orc to collapse. I turned around, facing the other orcs. I took out my other lightsaber, quickly igniting the blade before swinging it towards the filthy creatures. In one movement, I decapitated three of the orcs with one lightsaber and with the other, I sliced an orc's side. The four orcs quickly fell to the ground. Once Bard arrived in Dale, I saw him frantically searching through the town as he approached several Lake-towners. "My children! Where are my children?"

"I saw them, they were down in the Old Market!" One of the women informed him before running off, trying to escape the orcs.

"The Market? Where are they now?" Bard asked before shouting out. "Tilda! Sigrid!" 

I quickly made my way towards him, placing a hand on his arm. He immediately glanced over at me, looking worried. 

"Hey Bard, we'll find your kids." I assured him. 

At that moment, Percy and a couple of Lake-towners with swords approached us. Percy spoke up at once. "Bard, orcs are storming over the Causeway." 

"Get the bowmen to the eastern parapet. Hold them of for as long as you can." Bard ordered. 

"Archers, this way!" Percy ordered. 

Once he led the archers away, another Lake-towner spoke up, informing us of the orcs' whereabouts. "The Orcs have taken Stone Street, the Market's overrun!"

"The rest of you, follow me!" Bard exclaimed. 

We then led the army towards the orcs. Once we clashed with the orcs, I fought with my two lightsabers, striking down as many as I could. From the corner of my eye, I saw Alfrid slip out of the battlefield and scurry inside an abandoned building. I rolled my eyes. What a coward. As we fought on, I heard familiar voices yelling out my name. "Miona! Da!"

Bard and I turned to see Sigrid, Tilda, and Bain, waving their arms and shouting out. They were down the street not far from us. 

"Over here!" Sigrid shouted. 

"Da, Miona, we're here!" Tilda exclaimed.

All of the sudden, we saw a hideous beast heading from behind them. My stomach dropped as they turned around, noticing the beast heading straight for them. While I stood there, completely frozen, Bard noticed a cart. He quickly jumped into the cart before pushing it down the street towards the children and the beast. 

"Tilda! Bain! Sigrid! Get down!" Bard exclaimed. 

At his words, all three of his children got out of the way and towards the ground. Once Bard was close enough, he jumped out of the cart and lunged towards the beast, impaling the creature's heart with his sword. I quickly approached them, looking at Bard in awe. "Bard..."