Chapter 22: The Tournament

As Cad flew the ship, I heard Moralo speaking to Dooku in the back of the cockpit. I hadn't seen Dooku since that incident on Florrum. 

"Yes, Count Dooku. I'm sorry I was delayed. I'm free now. I'll try to reach Serenno as soon as possible." Moralo assured him.

My stomach dropped. We're heading to Serenno, my home planet? I then heard Dooku's voice. "No more excuses, Eval. Time is running short."

"Yes, Count Dooku. No more excuses." Moralo replied.

Once Moralo was done talking to Dooku, he walked back towards us. I remained silent, while Cad spoke up. "You said it yourself, Eval. You're free now. I want my money."

"After the weapons and the ship. I have very few credits left. You'll be paid when we reach Serenno." Moralo informed him.

"I could care less if you pay me for helping you escape. What I care about is this big plan of yours that you've mentioned. Could you tell me more about this plan?" I asked.

Moralo chuckled. "Patience, Xurin. All will be revealed once we reach Serenno."

At that moment, we heard a loud bang and the entire ship shook. Obi-Wan must've given the Hutts the intel of the tracking device on our ship. Moralo groaned. "What is this? Who's attacking us?"

At that moment, we saw a ship approach in front of us. I groaned. This was definitely the Hutts.

"The Hutts!" Cad explained.

"How did they find us so quickly?" Moralo inquired.

"No doubt it was Hardeen." I commented.

Cad scoffed. "He's trying to even the score. The engines are fried. We'll have to turn back."

With that, we turned around, returning back to the ground. Once we crash landed, we headed back into town. It was then when we heard Rako's, or should I say Obi-Wan's voice. "Ah, back so soon?"

We turned around to see Obi-Wan sitting outside at a table in front of the cantina. He wore a smirk on his face. I was relieved to see him alive and well.

"Let me guess, you missed me?" Obi-Wan asked.

Cad rushed over towards Obi-Wan, throwing the drink out of his hand before throwing him against the wall. As they fought, they got in the way of the Ithorian bartender, knocking the drinks on his tray to the ground. Moralo and I walked over towards them.

"Kill me and you won't get off Nal Hutta." Obi-Wan warned.

Moralo grabbed Cad, pulling Cad away from Obi-Wan. "Moralo Eval is running out of time and patience. Let the man talk."

"Look, I've got a ship. You've got the Hutts on your tail, so make me a partner in everything." Obi-Wan advised.

Moralo sighed. "Your deal is accepted."

Cad intervened at once, placing a hand on Obi-Wan's chest. "No. First I want to know where you got the credits to buy a ship."

At his words, my stomach churned. Fortunately, Obi-Wan was quick to come with something up. "You thought you left me for dead. But the Hutts owed me a favor."

"So you had them shoot us down?" Cad rebuked.

"You would've done the same thing, Bane." Obi-Wan shot back. "The way I see it, we're even now."

"Now that we're all friends, get me off this festering stink-hole." Moralo urged.

With that, we took off, making our way to the ship that Obi-Wan bought. As we climbed onto the ship, Obi-Wan tried to talk about splitting the credits with Bane, which didn't sit well with Bane.