Chapter 18: Time To Leave

Tann raised her dagger, prepared to end me. However before she could strike, Bard intervened. He quickly raised my blue lightsaber, striking Tann's stomach. She let out a gasp before collapsing onto the snow. Once she let out her last breath, Bard rushed to my side. "Miona!" 

I groaned as I tried climbing up to my feet. Bard gently placed his arm around my waist, helping me up to my feet. My heart fluttered upon feeling his hand on my waist, not expecting it at all. 

"Let me see your wound." He urged.  

I opened my robes, revealing the Mithril vest I had underneath my tunic. There was no wound, no blood, only a black bruise on my side where Tann struck me. I was rather baffled. Bard let out a sigh of relief. "Mithril..."

At that moment, we saw Great Eagles fly towards the army of orcs. Radagast and Beorn were on two of the Great Eagles. We watched as Beorn fell out of the sky and towards the orcs before turning into a giant bear. And it was then when shuttles filled with Jedi and clone troopers were seen flying alongside the giant eagles. I looked around in awe as Master Mundi, Master Yoda, Master Windu, and many other Jedi jumped out of the shuttles and joined us in the battlefield. The clone troopers quickly joined the Jedi. I then heard Rex's voice through my comlink. "We've arrived, General Catcri. Did we miss the party?"

I chuckled. "You arrived just in time, Captain Rex." 

Bard and I exchanged smiles, knowing we would both live to see another day. Once the battle was over, Obi-Wan and Anakin grabbed Dooku placing stun cuffs around his wrists. Neria had saved Fili, Ahsoka saved Kili, and Obi-Wan had saved Thorin. Obi-Wan had killed Tol Skorr, while Anakin killed Vinoc, Ahsoka killed Karoc, and Neria killed Saato. They were all Dark Acolytes and they were all defeated. 

Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Neria, and I stood before the gates of Erebor. Thorin, the company, Gandalf, Bilbo, Bard, and his children all stood in front of us. Master Windu, Rex, and the other Jedi and clone troopers had left the planet after the battle ended. Our new shuttle was right beside us. 

"Are you sure you can't remain for the feast?" Thorin inquired. 

"I'm afraid we have pressing matters to attend to." Obi-Wan replied. 

My stomach dropped at his words. I wasn't prepared for this...especially to say goodbye to Bard and his children. Thorin gave me a guilty look. "Miona, forgive me for all I said. I didn't mean any of it."

"It's all right, Thorin. You weren't yourself." I assured him. "It was an honor being your friend."

"Come back to visit. You're all more than welcome to come back." Thorin informed me.  

After saying goodbye to Gandalf, Bilbo, and the company, I approached Bard and his children. From the corner of my eye, I saw Neria with Fili. They both looked dejected as they stared at each other. I wore a grim look as I glanced back at Bard. 

"So...I guess this is goodbye." I commented.  

Bard nodded. He wore a torn look on his face. My heart clenched upon seeing him. This was it. After today, I'd never see him or his children ever again. There was a reason to not get too close to them. Despite knowing that this day would come, I couldn't help but get close to Bard or his family. 

"Is there any way you can stay, Miona?" Bain asked. 

"Yeah, Miona please stay." Sigrid chimed in. 

Tilda then lunged towards me, wrapping her arms around me. "Please Miona stay here with us."

At their words, I could feel tears glistening in my eyes. I wish I could stay, but I can't. The Jedi Order and the Republic need me now more than ever. Bain and Sigrid rushed over towards me, giving me hugs as well. After I hugged them, we pulled away from the hug so I could look at them. I never thought it would be this difficult to say goodbye.