Chapter 23: He Knows

As soon as we reached another room, there was a small platform while the rest of floor in the room was far below us.

"The final challenge has arrived." Moralo announced.

The floor below us turned into flames throwers, releasing flames that nearly reached us. Moralo then emerged from a small opening from one of the walls. "We are going to test your sniper skills. Hit the target."

A sniper then emerged from behind us. We saw a yellow dot move around until it stopped in the middle of the room. Sixtat reached the sniper first, he raised a hand. "Step back, boys. I show you how it's done."

With that, he grabbed the sniper and made his way towards the edge of the platform. He managed to hit the first two targets, but once the third arrived, he failed. The steps he were on were dropped, causing Sixtat to fall into the fire. I grimaced. Moralo laughed.

"I get it. If we miss the target, this platform gets smaller." Obi-Wan stated. "Soon there won't be any platform left."

"Just great..." I muttered.

Another sniper rifle appeared. This time, Obi-Wan took it. I anxiously watched as he began to fire at the targets. And fortunately, he hit all three targets. Moralo grew furious upon seeing this. He then pressed some buttons, raising Cad, the other bounty hunters, and me higher up, while Obi-Wan remained on a separate platform.

"This isn't the first time you've saved everybody's skin, Hardeen." Moralo pointed out. "Five more hits. Let's see how good you really are."

We then watched as Obi-Wan fired at the targets. However he glanced down to find he was out of charges. Moralo chuckled. "Oh, what a shame. Out of charges. It's also important as a bounty hunter to be lucky, and your luck just ran out."

He then pressed another button. In an instant, the platform Obi-Wan was around began to drop. My stomach churned as I watched him back up against the wall. Before Obi-Wan could fall, something unexpected happened. Cad used the cable from his vambrace on his wrist, saving Obi-Wan. I stared, completely baffled by this.

"How dare you defy Moralo Eval?!" Moralo snapped.

"If you're gonna kill him, do it like a man." Cad retorted.

We then saw Dooku's face on one of the walls. "You heard him, Eval. Show us what you are really made of."

The floor was no longer on fire. Dooku then used one of the buttons to push Moralo out onto the ground. Once he was on the ground, Obi-Wan jumped down, making his way to Moralo. I anxiously watched as Moralo sent probe droids, but Obi-Wan took them all down. Moralo then raised a few walls, creating a maze. Once the maze was lowered, Obi-Wan and Moralo began to fight one another. It wasn't long until Moralo was lying near the edge of the fire.

"Finish him, Hardeen." Dooku urged.

My stomach churned at his words. Was he going to kill him? We watched as Obi-Wan climbed up on his feet, turning away from Moralo. Dooku's face hardened. "Very disappointing."

"All due respect, I just want to do my job and get my money." Obi-Wan retorted.

The platform Cad, the other bounty hunters, and I were on was finally lowered. Moralo and Obi-Wan then joined us. As soon as they stood beside us, Dooku spoke. "It is unfortunate that your leadership skills are so lacking. Nonetheless, congratulations on surviving the Box. Tomorrow you will kidnap Chancellor Palpatine at the festival on Naboo. With the leader of the Republic as our hostage, we will demand the release of all Separatist prisoners. If our demand is not met, the Chancellor will be executed. Either way, you will help reshape the galaxy. Once you are all aboard the transport, Eval will walk you through his plan. However, the operation on Naboo will be run by Cad Bane and Xurin Lezoc."