Chapter 30: Fighting Anakin

Once we landed, Obi-Wan and I climbed out of the compartment, finding ourselves on Mustafar. We walked out to find Anakin standing just feet away from Padmé. I was taken back to see Anakin's eyes now glowing yellow.

"Because of what you've done, what you plan to do. Stop, stop now. Come back! I love you." Padmé pleaded.

Anakin then glanced over at us before glaring at Padmé. "Liar!"

Padmé turned around and saw both Obi-Wan and me standing at door of the ship. Padmé violently shook her head. "No!"

"You're with him. You've betrayed me! You brought him here to kill me!" Anakin snapped.

"No! Anakin. I swear, I..." Padmé trailed off.

Anakin extended out a hand towards Padmé, who was lifted up in the air. Padmé let out a gasp as she placed her hands around her neck.

"Let her go, Anakin." Obi-Wan ordered.

"What have you three been up to?" Anakin questioned.

"Let her go!" I urged.

Anakin released his grip on Padmé, dropping her to the ground. Anakin then turned to face us. "You turned her against me."

"You have done that yourself." Obi-Wan retorted.

"You will not take her from me." Anakin warned as he threw his cloak off.

"Your anger and your lust for power have already done that." Obi-Wan argued as we threw our cloaks off.

"You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now." I mentioned as we walked away from the ship.

"Until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy." Obi-Wan added.

Once we were close to Padmé, I placed a hand on her neck. I let out a sigh of relief, when I felt a pulse. Anakin scoffed. "Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan, Miona. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire."

"Your new Empire?" I repeated, rather baffled.

"Don't make me kill you." Anakin warned.

"Anakin, our allegiance is to the Republic...to democracy." Obi-Wan explained.

"If you're not with me, you're my enemy." Anakin shot back.

"Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes. We will do what I must." Obi-Wan said.

"You will try." Anakin retorted.

With that, Obi-Wan and I ignited our lightsabers. Anakin jumped back, swinging his lightsaber, clashing it against ours. We fought off of the landing platform and into the main entry hallway. Anakin deflected all our attacks as we headed into the main control center. We jumped onto the table, Anakin kicked me back, knocking me onto the ground. Once I climbed onto my feet, I saw Anakin lying on the table with his lightsaber against Obi-Wan's. I quickly joined in as Anakin climbed up onto his feet. We then moved to the control room as we continued fighting. Anakin extended out a hand, trying to push us away through the Force. Obi-Wan and I extended out our hands to push Anakin back through the Force. And as a result, we were all pushed back onto the control panels. As soon as we climbed on our feet, Anakin lunged towards us. But he missed us, slashing the controls behind us. An alarm went off as Anakin swung his lightsaber towards us.

Obi-Wan and I blocked his attacks that grew more aggressive as we made our way out onto a balcony. Once the balcony ended, Obi-Wan and jumped down onto some pipes, which were constantly swinging around and releasing steam. Anakin quickly joined us. We walked back as we tried to keep our balance. Once we saw some panels nearby, Obi-Wan and I jumped onto them with Anakin trailing behind us. We then clashed lightsabers, using all our strength to push on. Anakin kicked my stomach, causing me to stumble back. He then pushed Obi-Wan back before whipping around to face me.