Chapter 2🎥

Finding Anto

After a few months of drafting and rewriting the possible screenplay, meetings to get funding for the project, paying people for the rights to use the original source material, they were finally starting to cast the project.

It was Y/N's favourite part. Many people would walk in and give the same monologue, realistically, it should be boring to hear the same monologue continuously, but they were all different. It was funny because some people would fangirl over Y/N, obviously Michelle crossed them off at the list then and there. She didn't want any 'unproffensional' people working with her.

Y/N thought it was sweet. But her opinion on it was going to be overruled by Michelle anyway, so she never brought it up.

She'd sat through many auditions and still wasn't fed up somehow. It was the end of the day and they'd found a few potential people to play the roles, but they wouldn't make anything certain until the second day of auditions were done.

Michelle discussed a few possible actors with Y/N and the others but they all agreed that they should look at a wider range before getting attached to certain people. Y/N grabbed her empty coffee cup and dumped it into the recycling before grabbing bag and leaving the room, after saying a brief goodbye.

She waited in the lobby for the Uber to arrive and take her back to her hotel, scrolling through her Instagram and liking a few fan edits. She always felt bad about not being able to like every single one of them, but she really loved watching them.

Once again, she found herself endlessly scrolling through her number one celebrity crushes feed, smiling as she looked at the posts she'd seen a good twenty times before. She'd watched him in the show that gave him his big break but also went back and watched everything else he'd done, even those tiny little background roles that only the true fans knew he'd done.

A secret? No. It was kind of a running joke with the press that she always had plenty of celebrity crushes. Every interview she did, they always found a way to ask her who her most recent obsession was. Sometimes they'd change, she might have watched an edit of Wyatt Oleff that day and was obsessed with him for all of 36 hours. Other days could vary from Jaeden Martell all the way to Zac Efron.

But the most common answer she'd give, when they asked her who she was currently obsessed with, was Noah Schnapp.

In fact, she'd talked about him in interviews so many times that she often worried that she'd freaked him out. Perhaps that was why he never followed her back, never answered her dms and never replied to her comments like he did with other stars. Y/N always pushed that thought out of her mind, "He's just busy," she told herself, "Just trying to keep a low profile.."

The sound of the car horn beeping brought Y/N out of her thoughts and she spotted the Uber outside, waiting for her to get in. She put her phone back into her pocket and quickly dashed into the Uber. It was late, so she doubted there were any paparazzi outside the door, waiting to pounce, but she wasn't going to take any chances and the Uber door was shut tight before she could even see if there were any cameras there.

Y/N smiled at the driver through the glass screen separating them as he sped off, heading towards the hotel. She looked at the blurred lights shining through the darkened windows and let her mind drift off to the movie. They had to find the perfect person to play Anto, but so far they hadn't had much luck..

"But we should be grateful with whoever we get." She thought. They had been lucky to get the sort of funding that they did, it was a fairly big budget movie. Y/N figured that they had trusted that they'd get the money back and more, because of the fact that Y/N was working with Andy Muchietti on the project.

It worried Y/N that they wouldn't make profit, the thought was stupid though, it would make profit. How could it not? The target market was teens, so there had to be attractive people, obviously.

This wasn't Y/N being stereotypical of course, it was something that she noticed watching shows and movies aimed at teens. And the majority of movies in general. There was never am unattractive protagonist. Riverdale, for example, was full of very attractive people. Y/N had never been to a public highschool but she was pretty sure that they weren't full of 17 year old boys with six-packs.

She stopped thinking off all of that as her Uber pulled up at the hotel, signalling her to get out and head to her room. And after the busy day she had, there was nothing she wanted more than to curl up in a warm bed and sleep.

*************************************************
Ayyye second chapter done! <3