Chapter 28🎥

Another Suspect Deemed Innocent

After eating all of the doughnuts that room service would allow them to order in one go, Noah and Y/N collapsed onto the sofa- sugar around their mouths. The sugar crash was on its way and they turned on Netflix and sat under a warm blanket that Y/N had brought when she went to Madrid for a comic-con a few years ago.

"Sooo..." Noah started, smiling softly, "What's the craziest fan encounter you've ever had?" He asked. 

Y/N laughed, "That sounds like a question that teen vogue would ask." And it was true, she'd been asked that before by many magazines- including teen vogue, "But probably this one time- back when I used to go to public school, a fan came into school, dressed in the uniform- just so they could see me." Y/N chuckled at the memory.

"Woah, that's insane. Mine would probably be the time someone proposed to me in the McDonald's bathroom. That was a bit of a surprise." Noah laughed and smiled, Y/N covered her face and giggled.

"Oh my god." She smiled and then leaned her head against his shoulder. The whole Kanami situation was crazy but she was glad that she had Noah to stand by her the whole time. Soon after, Y/N managed to convince Noah to watch Defending Jacob. Even though Y/N had money to subscribe to Apple TV, she was still just using the free trial and setting it up again and again with different email addresses. 

"Whyyy are we watching this? You must have watched it a million times." Noah groaned and face palmed as the opening titles came up.

"Well I like to watch it again and again to find new evidence, might have missed something." Y/N smirked a little bit, "Also, look at Jae, awwe!" She said jokingly and nudged Noah's arm, he rolled his eyes but couldn't hide the grin on his face.

"Oh, I know. He's so adorable, I might leave you for him. Sorry Y/N." He joked and chuckled, "Besides, didn't you read the book for this as well? I thought you were already convinced Jacob was a psychopath."

Y/N nodded and smiled, "Yeah that's true. But I just like to reassure myself. Also, I still haven't convinced Jaeden that he is, sooo yeah." 

Noah laughed, "You know Jae's just messing with you, right? He agrees with you really."

Yes, Y/N did know that but she was just using it as an excuse to watch the show for the one millionth time. After getting through the first three episodes, it was about 11pm at night and they were starting to get a little tired.

A knock on the door woke them up.

Y/N groaned softly and stood up, walking to the door and opening it, "Do you know what time-" she paused and noticed that it was Jaeden standing there, she waved her hand over at Noah to get him to turn the TV off, "Oh, hey Jae. Do you know what time it is?"  

Jaeden looked down at the digital watch on his wrist, "23:03, can I come in?" Y/N nodded and stepped aside, allowing him to walk in. She closed the door and groaned when she saw that Noah hadn't turned off the TV. She caught the grin on Jaeden's face, "I knew you still weren't convinced. Anyways, that's not why I'm here."

Noah sat up and looked over at Jae, waiting for him to talk, "So, I'm sorry about what Jim said about you guys- it's really awful and I-"

"-Think that someone sold us out?" Y/N finished for him, earning a nod from Jaeden, "Yeah well we figured that one out pretty soon. In fact, we narrowed it down to three suspects. You're a little late on that one, bud."

Jaeden smiled a little, "I know, and I hope you guys know that I-"

"-Would never do that? Yeah we already guessed. We went through the b-roll interviews earlier and crossed you off of our list pretty quickly." Y/N smiled.

"That's good, thanks for trusting me. And quit finishing my sentences." Jaeden told her as he leaned against the back of the couch. Y/N remembered that she'd heard him shouting at someone earlier and decided this was a good chance to talk to him about it.

"Anyways, I uhm... This morning, I heard you shouting at someone. About how they were meant to be our friends. Who were you shouting at?"

Jaeden paused, he clearly didn't think that anyone would hear that argument. "I was shouting at Lilia."

Y/N and Noah froze. Lilia. Lilia sold them out? Out of the whole cast, besides Noah. Y/N probably trusted Lilia out of all of them and-

"But it's not what you think. Lilia didn't do it. She wouldn't tell me who did it. She came to me after she'd seen the article and she was really upset for you guys. But I was only shouting at her because she didn't do anything about it. She told me that she knew who did it and when I asked who, she wouldn't tell me." 

"I don't understand, why were you mad at her?" Y/N asked, folding her arms.

"Because she knew the person was pissed at you guys. She said they were joking about spilling some stuff but she didn't know they were being serious. I told her that she shouldn't have gone along with the joke." Jaeden told them both, sighing softly.

Y/N glanced over at Noah, knowing that their suspect list just got shorter by one person. Thanks to Jae's information. After a few minutes of silence, they let Jae join them to watch Defending Jacob. And they felt just like the detectives in the show, but with  a bit more of an idea of who did it.

Either Will, or Charli.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Heyyy thanks for reading! The story should be ending in a few chapters and I want to thank you all for reading! Don't forget to vote and to comment your theories!