Chapter 3🎥

Surprise Audition

Dragging herself into the room she'd spent too much time in, in her opinion, Y/N loosely held her fuel in her left hand with her files swung under her right arm. Her fuel? Coffee. Black coffee. The only thing keeping her going. The bitter taste of it surprised her enough at every sip to keep her awake for another few minutes or so. At which point, she'd take another sip.

They hadn't had much luck with the casting on Anto's front, but they had managed to cast almost the rest of the cast. So far, they'd collected a good few actors to cover the supporting cast, and a few other main characters too. Nessa, Connor and Megan were all accounted for.

But still, Y/N found herself endlessly sitting behind a desk, next to the unbearable Michelle, watching a bunch of young hopefuls read the same monologue she'd heard hundreds of times. The exitement of it had worn off at this point and Y/N just wished Michelle would take her head out of her ass and cast someone.

To be honest, Y/N couldn't care less about who they cast. Before she'd spent days and days looking and searching, scrapping the young acting world for someone to play Anto, she had cared. But now, any old kid would do. She would, in fact, cast the next boy who walked in, regardless of whether he fitted the character spec or not. However, of course, that decision didn't lie with her and it was up to the whiney Michelle to make the final cut.

After another dozen or so boys walked in and droned on and on, bluntly reciting the monologue that Y/N had became extremely familiar with, the monologue, that the words of, Y/N had become immune too, she started to drift off. Her head leaned against her arms and Y/N knew that Michelle would get onto her about it, but she really couldn't care less.

Once again, she heard the door open and the light footsteps of a nervous performer walk in. The rustling of papers as Michelle took their headshots and resume and the faded mumbles exchanged as Michelle made basic conversation with them.

A crash woke Y/N up with a startle, causing her to jerk her head up to see what the crash was. Whoever this kid was, had knocked over one of the tripods used to hold the cameras which filmed the auditions. Y/N sighed and rubbed her eyes as she listens to Michelle screech at the poor and probably terrified kid.

"Michelle let's just calm down, we're all tired, let's just take it down a notch?" Y/N suggested as she grumbled, her eyes only really just coming back into focus.

"Oh my god!" A familiar voice exclaimed. Not that she had ever heard it in person, of course. No, she had only heard the voice at 3am as she his under her bedsheets, watching compilations on YouTube. Suddenly she came to a realisation, her mind having the same thoughts as the voice had exclaimed previously, "I thought it was just another casting director asleep! I didn't realise it was you!"

Finally, Y/N's eyes came back into focus and she spotted the face that she had plastered on her bedroom wall, not that she'd ever admit that though. She gasped, surprised that she was actually right about who she thought she had heard.

"Noah Schnapp?" Y/N asked, even though she knew it was him. She questioned whether she had fallen asleep at the desk and was dreaming that the auditions weren't as boring as they were. But she wasn't dreaming, and as she knew, Noah Schnapp was standing a few feet away from her, messily trying to stand the tripod back up.

Michelle tapped Y/N on the shoulder, snapping her out of her trance, "Yeah, Noah Schnapp. And yes, Noah Schnapp knocked over the tripod. And yes, Noah Schnapp is about to be kicked out by security." Michelle announced, in that all too familiar, over-proud voice of hers.

"I don't see any-"

And at that, Michelle waves her hands around, signalling two guards that swiftly made their way to Noah, to escort him out of the room. Y/N looked at them all, confused, Noah had the same sort of look.

"Wait!" Y/N called at the guards, who immediately stopped. Michelle opened her mouth to object but Y/N took her arm and turned to speak to her in a hushed, yet definite voice, "Look, I know he isn't what you'd call professional, but you've known him for what? Three minutes? And I know that you're worried about making the budget back, I am too. But think of how much Noah would bring to the movie! His fans would watch it, buy the merch too! Come on, let's just let him audition?"

Well that was one of the first times Y/N stood up to Michelle, but she would do it again. And apparently Michelle listened, because after a moment of contemplation, she waved her hands at the guards he let Noah go quickly and walked off. She took a breath, probably thinking about why she was listening to a 17 year old girl, and spoke.

"Alright then, Noah, let's see what you've got."

**************************************************
Hope you're enjoying the story so far!