Chapter 18🎥

The Read-Through

After receiving a playful telling-off from Andy about going to bed so late, they headed into the room where the rest of the cast and some of the crew was. The rest of the parts were kind of little parts, they were somewhat small in the book and seeing as they had to cut a lot out the make it into a movie- the parts were even smaller. Nonetheless, the cast and crew were smiling at just being part of the production and just seeing the smiling faces seemed to wake Y/N up a little more. 

The group had to split up to sit at the seats that were assigned to them with a name tag on each of the seats, complete with a glass of water and a few biscuits. Y/N saw Noah dive right into those and she laughed a bit. Y/N didn't have a role she was just working behind the scenes so her seat was at the top of the table with Andy and some of the producers. This way she could see everyone, and she thought that was pretty cool.

Noah was sitting next to Charli and an empty seat, Y/N was pretty certain that it was Sadie's seat- she was playing Charli's best friend. Lilia was sitting next to a small girl that Y/N couldn't remember the name of, but she was pretty sure that she wouldn't be around for long because she knows her character dies. Will was sitting next to Jaeden and some athletic looking boys, she was also pretty sure that most of their characters die too.

It was a pretty sad movie, the premise was sad. Most of the characters die, by the end of the movie- Y/N was looking forward to filming those scenes because she knew that they were action-packed scenes with loads of visual effects. Y/N loved those kind of scenes and she was thankful that she had the budget to film them.

In fact, she knew that a few of the members of her little groups characters died too. 

Andy called for the room to settle down as they got ready to start reading through the script. They were still waiting on-

Sadie rushed into the room and apologised for being late, she smiled at them all and sat down next to Noah who hugged her before looking back at his script. Now that they were all there. They started working their way through the first few scenes. Y/N felt relieved as they all seemed to smile when they read the script. They did like it, she had been worrying for nothing.

Andy called for a break when they were about half-way through and Noah rushed out of the room to pee. Y/N got up from her seat and went over to Sadie, smiling.

"Hey! Glad you could make it! How are you?" Y/N asked her, giving her a hug. Sadie hugged back and then pulled away.

"Yeah I'm good thanks, I'm working on another project here so I was there this morning. I didn't realise they'd take so long to wrap things up." Sadie laughed softly. Another project? Y/N thought about it for a moment but figured that it didn't really matter as long as Sadie was here to shoot her scenes.

"Oh don't worry about it, it's fine! You're here now!" Y/N laughed and smiled, watching Noah walk back into the room and over to her. 

"I'm so glad that they called for a break, I think I drank too much water." He said, which earned a few stiffened giggles from Charli, Sadie and Y/N. 

After another few minutes of the break, they all sat back down and continued reading. The last half was pretty action-packed and Y/N smiled to herself as she heard little gasps at the plot twists and character deaths. Y/N caught Will look up surprised and death stare over at Charli at a certain part and couldn't help but giggle. She assumed she had gotten the drama across in the script.

Will knew he'd have something to say about those few scenes later on and Y/N was looking forward to it. In fact, she figured there would be a lot the group would want to say, but she would welcome it.

A couple of hours later, the read-through was over and the group was dismissed from the table. Now they just had to hang around for a while so they could individually talk about the project to  the camera for b-roll. Charli went into the room first and the group sat at a little table eating lunch as they waited for her to come and and the next one of them to be called.

Will sat there shaking his head and eating his sandwich, having a little rant to Jaeden who most likely wasn't really listening, "She kills me, kills me. My character is so strong but she kills me." Jaeden looked at Will and laughs a bit.

"Oh shush, at least your character doesn't get turned into a monster and ends up biting his friends head off. I'm dead about 30 minutes into the movie." Jaeden laughs and nudges Will's arm, "At least you're in most of it."

The door opened and Charli came out of the room. The rest of the group did their little interviews separate and when they weren't they were talking about the twists in the plot. Y/N had done her job well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Don't forget to vote!