XI- wrong side of town

Harlow walked away from the café with mixed emotions. He was still coming down off of his rage, he also felt sad that (Y/n) would no longer be his therapist but was simultaneously glad that she viewed him as a friend.

He observed the area around him. The streets were clean, children ran around, there were cozy cafés and independent stores. Harlow would never admit how much he liked being in this area of town, it was a rare occurrence that he'd ever be there as his work place and home was on the opposite side but he'd always admired it. From the sweet studio apartments to the towering mansions, it was a dreamy corner of the city.

As he walked further into the town, the decline was noticeable. There was no immediate cut off between the two sides of town, but one could see the luxuries fade away. Some said it was the rich and poor sides of town, some preferred to say that it was the safe side and the rough side. Either way, Harlow knew where he'd rather be.

He checked his phone for the time, it was eleven thirty. He was nearby the chop shop and he knew it was open. 'I may as well see if I can do a few hours of work.' He thought. It wasn't his shift time, he didn't even work on Saturdays, but Harlow was always in need for a bit of extra cash. 'Maybe if I had some money on me on Monday, I could take (Y/n) out for something to eat.' A small smile crept onto his face at that thought.

Harlow took a left turn and started on his way to the garage.

"Hey, Phil." Harlow waltzed into the busy garage and greeted his boss.

"Harlow, your shift isn't until Monday. What are you doing here?" Phil looked up from some paperwork incredulously.

"I was thinking I could get in a few hours of work for a bit of extra cash. I've also got to go early on Monday." He explained, praying his boss would allow him to do so.

"I don't know, man, we're pretty busy for workers right now and don't really need another set of hands. You can go on Monday but I'll be docking the hours you miss." Phil put the paperwork down on the front desk.

"Come on, I-I'll work for half salary today."

"I'm sorry, Harlow. I think you should head home."

"Hey," A new voice entered the conversation. Harlow and Phil faced to address it. "I overheard what you guys were sayin' and I've got a real hunk of junk outside and a was hoping you could fix it up. Maybe if you're busy I could get your employee here to work on it outside the garage and I can pay him in cash when he's done. That way, there will be no fussing over your paycheque." The client suggested.

Harlow looked to Phil for permission who gave him a weak nod.

The client took Harlow outside, he was shocked at the state of the car. "This thing looks like it hasn't been touched in thirty years!" He thought aloud.

"This'll probably take you all day. I'll be down at the bar later tonight so come down there with the car if you want your pay." With that, the man left.

Harlow took a deep breath as he stared at the rusted old vehicle. 'Jesus Christ...'

Harlow's oil-covered hands opened the door to the bar. The man wasn't lying when he said it would take Harlow all day, night had fallen and it was now one in the morning.

He squinted in the darkness of the bar, peeling his eyes for the man whose car he'd just fixed up. The smell of cheap booze drifted up his nose. Scanning the area, his eyes finally landed on the older man who seemed at least a little bit drunk.