XXI- the fiancé

"I'm telling you, there's no point in reasoning with my dad. It would be better for all of us to forget about it." Victor went on to (Y/n). A week had passed since Penelope had left and the two of them were awaiting her return to the Fenton mansion.

(Y/n) was trying to convince Victor to say something to Peter about Quinn and all that he discovered on Sunday but Victor was quite opposed to the idea.

"I just think that it would be nice if he could talk to Harlow." (Y/n) kept berating him. "They don't need to have a close relationship or anything I just feel like they should talk at least."

"Why do you alway prioritise him?" Victor grumbled, folding his arms across his chest.

"Who? Peter?"

"No, Harlow, obviously Harlow." Victor raised his volume a tad. "It feels like you prefer him to me these days."

"If you act like a child then pretty soon I will!" (Y/n) argued back. "Stop acting so immature, I have other friends, get over it! I know you're used to you and Penelope being the only ones in my life but you should be happy that I'm branching out."

Victor clenched his jaw, everyday (Y/n) was drifting further and further away from where he needed her to be. Having friends, going clubbing, branching out- it was all the opposite of what he wanted for her, Victor wanted to show her how perfect life could be when it's just the two of them. She didn't need anyone else... especially not scum like Harlow.

(Y/n) sighed. "Let's try and get along for when Penelope arrives, okay? But please try to keep your jealousy in check... for me?"

Victor didn't answer, he just diverted his eyes away from her. She was mad at him, she was trying to hide it but she was. He knew what (Y/n) was like in each and every emotion, she couldn't hide them from him that easily.

Since whatever Victor said would only solidify her beliefs about his toxic jealousy or would be a lie, he thought the best course of action was to stay quiet.

They went back into the hall where they'd seen Penelope off a week prior. Miriam and Peter were there too but none of the staff were this time.

Victor couldn't meet either of his parents' eyes, they'd lied to him his whole life about who he was. They knew all along about Harlow and chose not to tell him. Miriam didn't even have any problems conceiving! On top of that, Peter was a predator and had slept with his significantly younger subordinate when she was under the influence of alcohol. But the worst part of it all for Victor was the fact that his parents didn't even want him, or any child for that matter. They only took him in to avoid complications with Quinn. He knew he should feel grateful that he wasn't in Harlow's position but Harlow had known all his life that he'd been given up for some reason or the other whereas Victor had been lead to believe that he was some sort of saviour for his parents, saving them from the pain of being unable to get pregnant.

All of that was gone and he wanted to let them know but he knew there was little to no point. It would feel good for a moment to rant at them but then he'd probably get disowned and then Quinn would be done for.

"Everything okay, son?" Miriam asked innocently. Victor was shocked that she'd even question his well being, it's not like she'd ever cared before.

"Uh, yes, everything's fine." He forced out.

(Y/n) almost couldn't restrain her eye roll. She was more mad at Peter than she was at Victor but she felt like the younger Fenton should say something, they can't go their entire lives without bringing it up.

A knock came down on the door and (Y/n) jumped up. "I'll get it!" She scurried over and opened it, taking Penelope into her arms as soon as humanly possibly.