XIII- be careful

(Y/n) walked with a spring in her step. Yvonne had asked her out! Well, not out on a date exactly but she'd asked her to go clubbing with her friends which was something.

The first thing (Y/n) could think of to do was tell Penelope. They always talked about their love lives more than she ever discussed matters like that with Victor. Penelope was just as invested in other people's romances as she was in her own, she loved to play cupid, matching up her other friends. Recently, she'd done this more and more due to her own engagement with a stranger.

She rang the doorbell, a wide grin on her face. The door was opened, but not by Penelope.

"Hey, Victor! I thought you were working with your dad today?" (Y/n) greeted him.

"I was going to, but I wanted to stay home since I know you were talking to Harlow today. Do you want to-"

"Is Penelope here?" She cut him off.

Victor felt a pain in his heart, she hadn't come for him. "Uh, yeah, she's upstairs."

"Great. I just need to talk to her real quick." (Y/n) walked past Victor and towards the staircase.

"Hey! You can talk to me if you want!" He called after her.

(Y/n) contemplated telling him about Yvonne but ultimately decided against it. Since they were children Victor had been overprotective of her, whenever she showed a slight interest in a guy he'd find some way to put her off of him. She didn't want him to do anything like that with Yvonne.

"It's just, uh... girl stuff." She responded, it wasn't a complete lie.

"Oh... okay." Victor pouted. "If you want to talk about what happened with Harlow then I'm down here."

"Thanks, Victor."

He let out a deep breath as her figure hopped up the steps and out of sight. He was losing her, his grip was slipping. 'It's only because I've been away for so long.' He told himself.

"Jesus Christ!"

(Y/n) heard Penelope yell as she opened the door. Penelope was having a conversation on the phone that was clearly aggravating her.

"No, of course not!" She spoke again. Penelope glanced at (Y/n) and rolled her eyes to whatever the person on the phone was saying.

(Y/n) mouthed the words 'you okay?' to which Penelope responded with mouthing 'William.'. (Y/n) nodded understandingly.

"William-" Penelope paused, obviously having been interrupted. "William!" She shouted into the receiver. "I'm not having this conversation right now, I need to go." She hung up abruptly and gave an annoyed look at (Y/n). "What a prick."

"Trouble in paradise?" (Y/n) joked.

"Don't get me started." Penelope groaned, massaging her head with her hands. "He's driving me up the wall already and I haven't even seen him in person." She dreaded the thought of spending the rest of her life with him.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better I've actually had something happen in my love life." (Y/b) smiled, trying to cheer her friend up.

This worked. Penelope gasped in joy. "Victor? Oh my god!" She nearly jumped on (Y/n) and knocked her over as she squeezed her tightly. "Who made the first move? What did he say? Tell me everything!!!" She squealed.

(Y/n) pushed Penelope off of her. "Jeez, calm down, you almost took me out there."

"Sorry, I'm just really excited." Penelope backed off but was still clearly very happy.

"Yeah, I can tell," (Y/n) muttered. "It's not even about Victor."

Penelope's happy attitude dropped. "W-what? Who's it about? I-is it a crush? Do you have a boyfriend? Oh god, does Victor know?" She asked with a shaking lip.

(Y/n) laughed off her odd behaviour. "Chill out. It's just this girl... she's a waitress and she's really sweet and-"

"Is she your girlfriend?" Penelope asked sternly, putting her hands on (Y/n)'s shoulders.

"No, I just have a bit of a crush. I thought I'd come to you for some advice." (Y/n) furrowed her brows. "Is everything okay?"

"Does Victor know?" Penelope spoke quietly and looked around the room as she did, as if he was hiding somewhere.

"You're the only person I've told." (Y/n) matched her quiet tone but then realised how ridiculous Penelope was acting. She pushed Penelope's hands off her. "What's this about anyway?"

"You want my advice?" Penelope asked.

(Y/n) nodded, confused.

"Don't go for it."

"What? Why? You haven't even met her." (Y/n) whined, she had come to Penelope hoping for some tips, not for her to say to stay away from Yvonne. "Just because you ship me and Victor or whatever..."

"That's not what this is about." Penelope crossed her arms. "Victor really likes you and I don't want to see what will happen when you date someone, to you and to her."

"Ugh, for the last time, he doesn't like me! Have a little faith in him, he can handle me going out with someone." (Y/n) complained.

"If you cared about this girl then you wouldn't." Penelope dropped her arms to her side. "I'm saying this as your friend."

(Y/n) thought about everything Penelope said and shook her head. "Victor doesn't like me... he can't."