XXII- some guy

Tears were pricking at her eyes the entire drive back home. It wasn't supposed to go like that, she was supposed to reunite with Penelope and instead she just got touched by her fiancé.

(Y/n) pitied Penelope more than anything, she was going to have to put up with that awful excuse of a man. But she also was anxious for herself, how far would she go to prevent herself from getting outed? And how far would William take his advantage?

As she entered the apartment and text came through, it was from Penelope.

Penelope: Where are you??

(Y/n) squinted at the text, what could she even say? She wasn't sure how to explain her leaving without alluding to what William did. If she told Penelope then Penelope would surely tell Victor.

(Y/n): I'm really sorry! I had stuff with work :(

Tears blurred (Y/n)'s vision, she hated lying to her best friend. Especially over something that concerned her.

Penelope: Can you come around the mansion tomorrow then?

(Y/n): Is William going to be there?

Penelope: He'll be in the house but I doubt he will want to actually spend time with me.

(Y/n): Okay, I'll come by tomorrow after work.

She put her phone down on the counter and thought about what had happened. What if he'd done something similar to Penelope? How often did he do these things?

By then, (Y/n) couldn't hold back her tears any longer. Her face made its way into her hands and she sobbed into her palms loudly. Never in her life had she felt so vulnerable and had that vulnerability fully taken advantage of. She didn't know why but she felt embarrassed and wondered if Penelope would hate her if she found out. But most of all she just felt violated to the highest degree.

Her crying session was cut short by her phone ringing. (Y/n) questioned if she should even answer it but decided that she must as it may be important. She did her best to stop choking up and make her breaths more steady. Dabbing a few tears away, she lifted the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"(Y/n), where are you?" It was Victor. He didn't sound too worried yet which was a good sign.

"I had a uh work thing." She answered quietly.

"What sort of work thing?" He questioned her further.

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows. "Some forms I need to fill out to get some prescriptions for my patients ."

"And this couldn't wait until after you'd said goodbye at least? William said you left as soon as I went upstairs, I know you're mad at me." Victor must have thought she was lying for a different reason, that reason being that she was trying to be petty about their disagreement.

As Victor spoke, (Y/n) couldn't stop the quiet whimper that escaped her lips after he'd said 'William'. She prayed that Victor didn't hear, but the silence on the other side of the phone wasn't promising.

"Are you crying." Victor's tone softened dramatically which (Y/n) was thankful for. She, however wasn't thankful for the question.

"N-no-" She cursed herself for stammering. "I'm fine, don't worry."

"Why are you crying? Is this about me not talking to my dad?" Victor asked frantically, (Y/n) could almost envision his state of panic just by the sound of his voice.