XLV- scepticism

"Why would you say yes?" Yvonne questioned, still keeping her eyes on Amelia as she ate, looking out for any signs she may start choking.

"She's still my friend, I can avoid Victor and leave as soon as I can. I just think I should be there for her." (Y/n) explained.

Yvonne sighed and shook her head. "Have you got anything to wear?"

"No. I can get something online." (Y/n) said dismissively.

"It won't arrive in time, I can get our nurse over here to look after Amelia and we can go out and buy you something." Yvonne suggested.

(Y/n) wasn't keen on the idea of going out. "I'm...not sure, if I pay extra for delivery it will come in time."

"Come on, you can't hide your whole life."

"I know, I know," (Y/n) put her face in her hands. "I'm just... I'm scared, okay?"

Yvonne placed a comforting hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder. "I get it. You have every right to be scared. But I'm going to be right by your side." She said. "Babe, can you look up for me?"

(Y/n) slowly lifted her head. "It'll be quick, right?"

"Of course." Yvonne took (Y/n)'s hand a kissed her knuckles lightly. "I'm gonna call up Sadie and get her over here."

It had only been four days but the concrete beneath her feet was an unfamiliar feeling to (Y/n).

"You good?" Yvonne checked when they stepped out.

"I think so."

In truth, (Y/n) felt like throwing up. She knew that both Harlow and Victor should be working at that time but didn't count on them actually doing so.

"We can go to this dress store that's only five minutes from here." Yvonne took (Y/n)'s hand and began walking down the street.

"Wait- we're walking?" (Y/n) kept her feet planted to the spot.

"Yeah, it's really nearby and does some super nice stuff."

"Can't we drive?"

"It's like two blocks away." Yvonne said, letting go of (Y/n)'s hand.

"If we have a car we can get away more easily if one of them is there." (Y/n) argued.

"They won't be there, I promise." Yvonne said soothingly.

"You can't promise something like that." (Y/n) mumbled under her breath but loud enough for Yvonne to hear.

"If by some chance one of them is there, he won't be able to do anything in a public place in broad daylight."

(Y/n) reluctantly started speed walking down the street. Yvonne jogged a bit to catch up with her.

"Why are you going so fast?"

"You said it would take us five minutes, I can make that three."

Yvonne laughed as she matched (Y/n)'s quick pace.

"What?" (Y/n) furrowed her brows.

"You're so paranoid."

(Y/n) walked into the shop and grabbed the first dress she saw off the rail. "I'll get this one." She said, making a beeline for the cashier.

"No, no, no, you're going to try some on."

"I like this dress and I'm sure it will fit me." (Y/n) replied.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well, it's a child size so I'm not so sure about that."

(Y/n) took a second glance at the dress to see it was miles to small for her. "Oh...right."

"Let's just pick some dresses out, ones that will actually fit you."

(Y/n) followed Yvonne around the store like a lost puppy. She didn't like how many corners there were, too many places where someone could be lurking.

In a way, (Y/n) was right to be suspicious as Victor watched her and Yvonne navigate the store. He knew she'd be there, it was the closest dress shop to Yvonne's apartment after all.

'She's so beautiful...' He thought longingly, his pupils dilated as they landed on her. Victor felt he could look at (Y/n) all day if he could, unfortunately his vision was blocked when Yvonne stood in the way. 'Yvonne.... she's an issue.'

Yvonne and (Y/n) had picked out two dresses for her to try on. After rejecting the first one, (Y/n) went back into the changing room to try the second one.

It was a strapless, (f/c), silk dress that came down to just above her knees. (Y/n) stepped into it and pulled the dress up her body.

After a few attempts at pulling the zip all the way up, she sighed and opened the door for Yvonne. "Need a little help?"

Yvonne got up from the bench and stepped into the changing room. She slowly pulled the zip up, pushing (Y/n)'s hair out of the way in the process. "You look so beautiful." She said softly.

"I think this is the one." (Y/n) walked out of the changing room and took a glance of herself in the mirror.

Looking on from afar, Victor agreed.