XLVIII- one knee

(Y/n) felt her heart bursting as she watched Victor lower himself down onto one knee. And it wasn't in a good way. Her heart was bursting in sense that she thought she was going into cardiac arrest from how mortified she was.

The scene seemed to move in slow motion as he looked up at her with sparkling hazel eyes that held too much love to be restrained any more. His hand went it his pocket and he felt the ring between his fingertips, it would fit her perfectly.

Once this ring went around her finger it was never coming off, (Y/n) would belong to him forever.

Victor was heating up at the mere thought. He pulled out the ring and held it out in front of him.

(Y/n) thought she was going to choke on the air. "What are you doing?" She said in a hushed tone. By now, the spectacle had attracted the attention of a fair few people and even more were looking over with each passing second.

"(Y/n) (L/n), my dearest love, I love you with all my heart." He began, his cheeks were already hurting with the amount he was smiling.

A hush settled over the entire hall and everyone was now looking in their direction.

"Victor," (Y/n) said quietly enough to not be heard by the crowd. "get the fuck up. Right. Now."

"Since the moment I met you, you've been the only thing I've ever wanted. I want your heart to belong to me as mine has belonged to you for all eternity." He continued as if she had never spoken. "I truly do believe we were made for each other, I was made to cherish and protect you and you were made to be cherished and protected by me. With this ring, we will be joined to each other for all eternity to bring light into each other's lives.

"The world, I fear, is a very dark place, especially for someone as delicate and perfect as yourself. But if you knew how much you meant to me you wouldn't worry about that darkness anymore. When we have someone who sees, understands, loves and cares for us that darkness is no more. You've been my source of light for so long and I never want that to change."

(Y/n) was breathing heavily, the un-shattered hope in his eyes made her feel almost guilty for the rejection she was about to give him. 'No, don't feel bad for him... he knows fully well that I don't feel that way about him and he still pulls shit like this.' She told herself sternly.

All the eyes in the room were burning into her intently, awaiting for her to say something. A few whispers made their way into her ears:

"How sweet!"

"What a lovely couple!"

"So romantic!"

She squeezed her eyes shut, wishing she was anywhere but here. 'I've got to be dreaming... this cannot be real.'

Victor, noticing her silence, cleared his throat and posed his question.

"(Y/n) (L/n), my love, my light, my world, would you please do me the honour of marrying me?"

(Y/n) felt like she'd been punched in the gut, how the hell was she supposed to respond?

"Victor," She sighed. "This is so inappropriate."

Penelope squeezed onto (Y/n)'s wrist tighter, her nails digging into her skin. "Say yes." She hissed, desperately wanting to avoid the wrath of Victor.

"Penelope, he's upstaging you at your own engagement party!" (Y/n) argued.

"(Y/n), sweetheart, I know this is overwhelming-" Victor put the ring back in his pocket and started to stand up.

"That's an understatement! This is insane!" She covered her face with her hands, feeling judgement from all directions. "I'm so embarrassed!"

"That was never my intention." Victor's voice was soft and sad.

(Y/n) looked around, people shook their heads at her, glaring at her like she was some cold hearted bitch. Others had their attention on Victor, they had their hands to their hearts feeling so awful for him. Kitchen staff were even emerging to see what was going on, Yvonne was undoubtedly among them.

"Why would you do this to me?" She hissed.

"Because I love you, isn't that clear?" He said with a sweet smile. "Now say yes, you're ruining the party."

"You ruined the party when you got down on one knee!" (Y/n) retorted.

"God (Y/n), just say yes!" Penelope shouted.

"I can't! I'm with someone else! You know I am, P." (Y/n) said.

If looks could kill, Penelope would be dead in seconds with the glare Victor gave her. "Who?" He spat, his innocent façade beginning to fade.

"Yvonne..."

As her name was uttered, Yvonne stepped through the crowd and walked up to (Y/n), Penelope and Victor.

"Look, man, I'm sorry-" Yvonne was promptly cut off.

"No! This isn't right!" Victor roared, he turned to (Y/n). "Weren't you listening?! You're made for me! You're mine!"

"Yvonne, you need to go." Penelope now knew what Victor was capable and would hate to see what he'd do to Yvonne.

"I'm not leaving without (Y/n)." She stated firmly.

Victor was about to start speaking again but he noticed the people all staring him down. He couldn't do anything too rash, not now.

Even if he wanted to say something, he was cut off by a loud voice coming from atop the balcony that overlooked the hall.

"William's here!" The deep voice called.

Gasps ripples through the crowd as they looked up to see a replica of Victor. Except instead of being dressed in an impeccable suit, this man was wearing a mechanic's uniform and was covered in dirt.

"Harlow..." (Y/n) breathed out, as if things could get any worse.

"Here he is." Harlow through a bag over the balcony and it landed in the floor. The crowd eyed it for some time, unsure of what was going on. Harlow walked down the stairs and stood by the bag as everyone stood frozen. "Don't be scared. It's not a bomb." He laughed.

Still, no one made any movements.

Harlow's eyes darted about, finally they landed on what he was looking for. (Y/n), Yvonne, Penelope and Victor all in one place.

Seemingly from nowhere he pulled a gun which provoked some gasps and screams from everyone. "Shut the fuck up!" He screamed.

He pointed the gun in the direction of the group. "Penelope~" He said with a teasing, singsong tone. "Open this bag for me~"

Penelope released (Y/n)'s wrist, her sharp nails leaving behind lightly bleeding indents. She slowly made her way, the barrel of the gun following her the whole while.

She crouched down and unzipped the bag. An ear splitting shriek echoed around the hall, Penelope crawled away from the bag in disgust.

Harlow rolled his eyes at her squeamishness and used his free hand to throw the contents of the bag out towards the rectified people.

William's decaying head was covered in mud since he was buried six feet under not long ago. The gunshot wound was clear in his forehead.

Harlow smiled down at the head as William's mother fainted. He directed his sights onto (Y/n) and walked over to her as if he had tunnel vision.

'Are you ready, my sweet angel?'