Chapter 4: Impish Warnings

In his time as the devil's servant, Pierre had never run across any of the devil's emissaries, surprisingly. No demons. No imps. Not even the goblins (though he was told he would never see them at all). Or at least he hadn't until he met the devil's right hand.

He was working on something for Michael in his private library when he heard someone cough to get his attention. He looked up from his work but didn't see anyone. Thinking it was imagination, he looked back down only for someone to say. "Excuse me!"

He nearly fell out of his seat as he looked around to find out where the voice had come from. There was a sigh and then whoever it was said. "Look down."

Pierre looked down to see a very short person with orange hair and surprisingly firey looking wings glaring up at him.

"Uh hello?" He greeted.

"You are Prince Pierre, correct?" The ginger asked.

"Yes? Who are you?" He asked in confusion.

"My name's irrelevant, you may call me Imp." The ginger said before adding. "I am the devil's right hand."

"... He never mentioned you."

"Well, in the end, I am just a servant, as you are, though my position is much higher." Imp told him before he seemed to rethink his statement. "Then again, the boss doesn't usually flirt with his servants..."

He went bright red at that. "Flirt? Wha- Why would you say that?"

"Just because YOU haven't seen us before doesn't mean the rest of us don't keep an eye on the mortals that our master takes an interest in." The imp sniffed before saying. "And from what we've seen, the boss likes to flirt with you, which. never. happens."

His blush deepened at that which the imp noticed right away. "And it looks like you don't mind it, which is strange, to say the least." The blush deepened even further.

"Anyways, I'm actually not here to talk to you about that." The imp said shaking his head. "The boss wants to know your progress with the research he asked you to do."

"On the relic?" Pierre asked, the blush on his cheeks fading.

"Yes on the relic." Imp nodded.

"Well there isn't much on the relic itself in the royal archives but I have gotten some information on it as well as a general idea of where it could be, though that is not the clearest either." He told the imp as he went over to his notes. He gathered all the notes into a small bundle before asking. "Would he like my notes now or would he like me to research further first?"

"I can take whatever you have for right now." He handed the notes over to the imp who nodded.

As the imp turned to leave, he said over his shoulder. "And don't get any ideas about getting closer to the boss. We don't need some mortal as our queen."

And with that, he left, leaving Pierre with a sinking feeling in his stomach.

The Skeleton's Contractजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें