Chapter 14: Cuddling with the Devil

As you can imagine, when Pierre and Michael had started dating, Michael had given Pierre a way to get to the underworld if he wanted to come and see him. It wasn't anything special really, it was just a card that Pierre could place on the ground and it would open up a tunnel to Michael's study that Pierre could go through if he needed the devil. Or for when the devil didn't contact him for a few days, even when they had a date planned, which would be the exact reason why Pierre was considering using the card.

Honestly, Pierre knew that Michael couldn't spend every moment of every day with him but after a few days without any word from him, the young prince got worried. 

Locking the door to his room, he pulled out a black card with the devil's symbol on it and placed it on the floor. He then said the activation words and a large black portal opened up. Pierre didn't hesitate to step in.

When he arrived at the other side of the portal, he immediately recognized Michael's office. He also recognized the hunched-over figure of Michael at his desk. The devil was asleep over some paperwork

Not wanting to disturb his nap too much (he knew how tired Michael got), Pierre gently lifted his head slightly so he could move some of the paperwork off to the side. Before he could do anything else though, Michael started to stir. His eyes fluttered open and he took a moment to process who was in front of him. "... Pierre?"

"Hey Michael, sorry for waking you." Pierre said quietly as he gently pet the devil's hair. 

The devil sat up from his desk, running his hands over his face, even as he asked. "Not that I'm not happy to see you, my lovely, but what are you doing here?"

Pierre didn't respond immediately before he asked. "Michael, what is today?"

"Thursday, January 12th I believe?" Michael replied looking confused. 

Pierre's face instantly morphed into one of major concern as he cupped the other's face in his hands. "Are you alright? I know you're the devil and all but you look like you haven't slept in days and, with that kind of answer, I wouldn't be surprised if you hadn't."

"I'm fine?" Michael looked extremely confused. 

"Michael, its Monday, January 16th." Pierre deadpanned. 

The devil blinked once twice before he said. "I missed our date!"

"Its fine, Michael." Pierre said kissing his forehead. "I'm honestly just glad to see that you're alright... I was worried."

Michael raised an eyebrow at him. "You do realize I can't exactly die, right?"

Pierre's cheeks colored as he said. "Well yes but usually you still call me and I worried that something might have happened!"

Michael chuckled as he pulled Pierre into his lap. "Well then, I'm sorry for worrying you, my lovely, I've been very busy the past week or so with both my usual paperwork and work for my father."

"I can see that." Pierre said, nodding to the piles of paperwork on Michael's desk. Michael just nodded as he held the prince close to his chest. "Do you have much left to finish or?"

"Unfortunately, I do have quite a lot left." Michael sighed before stating sorrowfully. "I'm sorry, my lovely, but it's not exactly work I can put off..."

"It's fine." Pierre quickly reassured him before getting an idea. "Can I sit and cuddle you while you work?"

Michael's eyes lit up as he said. "Of course, my lovely~"

The devil rearranged their positions so that he could still work while Pierre could cuddle into his side. As the devil went back to working, with occasional glances down at Pierre, Pierre smiled up at him and just enjoyed the warmth coming from his boyfriend's side. 

They sat like this for several hours before Pierre had to go. Just before he left, however, Pierre let out a short cough that had Michael looking at him in slight concern. "Are you alright, my lovely?"

Pierre gave his boyfriend a smile. "I'm fine, it was just a cough."

Michael nodded and went back to his paperwork, albeit a little distractedly now. When Pierre actually had to go, Michael kissed him soundly and thanked him for staying with him, despite the fact that he couldn't talk much. Pierre just smiled up at his boyfriend and nodded before leaving. 

When he arrived home, he let out another cough but didn't think anything of it. 

AN: I know that it has been a while since I posted but I'm finally back with another chapter of The Skeleton's Contract. And let me tell you, it's going to get interesting from here~