Bring Back What Once Was Mine

A/N:

*I like to thank to username Mariah (FF.Net) for giving me this idea about Rapunzel's hair

'Dragons' – Dragonese

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After getting all of Rapunzel's hair out of the river, the group was reunited with the dragons. The boys went to get fish for dinner as the rest started the fire (with Sharpshot's help) to get warm along with drying Rapunzel's hair. Once the boys came back with the fish and placed them on sticks around the fire. They soon sat down against their dragons to watch the fishes cook, Rapunzel noticed that Eugene kept cradling and flexing his left hand.

"Eugene, are you okay?" Rapunzel asked as she gently grabbed his hand.

She gasped when she saw the big cut on his palm.

"Just cut it on the rocks," He explained to her, closing his fist. "Don't worry about it."

"Let me see." Rapunzel ordered, firmly and pulled his hand back, opening his fist for her poker-faced inspection. She hummed for a moment thoughtfully, "I can fix that."

"How are you going to do that exactly?" Carlos asked, brow arched.

"Um..." Rapunzel hummed.

"Toothless can help as well." Hiccup interjected, pointing at Toothless.

"How?" Eugene asked, brow arched.

"His saliva. A night fury's saliva is known to have healing properties." Hiccup explained.

"No thanks. I don't want dragon spit on my hand." Eugene rejected the idea.

"Just a suggestion." Hiccup shrugged.

Then Rapunzel pulled Eugene over to the log nearby and sat across from him as she collected a handful of her magic golden glowing hair began to wrap it around his hand. Eugene stared at her awkwardly.

"So you're being strangely cryptic as you wrap your magic hair around my injured hand." Eugene stated before he winced at the pain.

"Sorry, just don't...don't freak out." Rapunzel begged.

Eugene looked at his injured hand and then back at Rapunzel who sighed at his look. Once she had wrapped enough of her hair around Eugene's hand, she laid it down on her lap and took a deep breath as she closed her eyes.

"Flower, gleam and glow,

Let your power shine,

Make the clock reverse,

Bring back what once was mine . . . "

Just like inside the cavern, the glow began at her scalp, and after a moment, traveled through her roots and down through the cascading locks of golden hair. The boys and their dragons stared at her glowing hair with wonder and fascination. Eugene sat up a little straighter, following the glow as it made its way through Rapunzel's hair and into the knot tied around his hand. He flexed his fingers out and looked up at Pascal. He smirked and pointed to one of his feet, indicating the spot where he'd injured himself.

"Heal what has been hurt,

Change the Fates' design,

Save what has been lost,

Bring back what once was mine,

What once . . . was mine."

Her voice echoed through the trees as the song ended along with glow from her hair, and for a long time, the only sound around their little campsite was the sound of the fire crackling. Then, after a few long tense moments, Rapunzel opened her eyes and lifted her gaze, shyly peering up at Eugene from between her lashes. Eugene pulled his hand away and her fingers were limp as they released him. He stared at her as he unwrap her hair from his hand. He looked down at his hand and all the air in his chest rushed out with a pitched whimper of "Oh."