The Library of Alexandria

A/N:

'Dragons' - Dragonese

==========================================

Two weeks had passed since Zuberi regained the throne and Sinbad's crew headed off to find Fiji. It took that long to get everything straightened out. The people of Egypt were thrilled to have Zuberi on the throne. The Sand Wraiths were free from Bayhas's control and decided to stay as the royal family's bodyguards and friends. Hiccup could easily tell that Jabare's older siblings were very happy to have a dragon friend.

All of the dragon riders helped everyone get along with their dragons. Jabare and his family were thrilled to learn more about the Sand Wraiths. Hiccup believed that Egypt was a perfect place for the Sand Wraiths to stay and he was glad that Jabare's family let them stay here. Zuberi assured them that the other Sand Wraiths would remain undisturbed from now on.

It was a few days later that the dragon riders decided to visit the great library of Alexandria. The gang was very surprised to see numerous documents that contained certain knowledge. But Hiccup and Roana were more excited to read the documents.

"Wow, I can't believe that there's so much knowledge here." Hiccup commented. 'Fishlegs would probably like it here.'

"Oh I wish my father was here to see this." Roana wished.

"Yeah, he would be thrilled to see such a place." Hiccup agreed.

"Let's go see what we can find and meet up when we find something." Touma suggested.

"Yeah." Najila nodded.

The dragon riders explored the library to see what would peak their interest. Hiccup ran his hand along the scrolls, amazed at the amount of knowledge that's here. He planned to have this kind of library in the future. However, he thinks that the knowledge about dragons should be kept secret from prying eyes. Hiccup wanted to entrust that kind of knowledge to those who would befriend and defend dragons.

"Hiccup, find anything?" Roana asked.

"Nothing so far..." Hiccup soon noticed something in the back of the shelf. He moved the scrolls to the side and spotted a leathered skin book. He grabbed it and pulled out of the shelf. Then he started flipping through the pages until he stopped at a map. A map he had seen when he was a child.

"The Hidden World." Hiccup whispered with wide eyes.

"The Hidden World?" Roana questioned.

"It's said to the home of the dragons." Hiccup answered.

"Home of the dragons? Are you serious?" Roana asked.

"Yeah, many Vikings have sailed to try and find it. But none of them were successful." Hiccup replied.

"What you mean is that there were many Vikings that weren't as smart as you that could find it." Roana corrected in a teasing manner.

"I guess you could say that." Hiccup rubbed the back of his head.

==========================================

"Did you guys find anything interesting?" Jabare asked.

"Yes, we all did."

"What did you find?" Hiccup asked as they all sat at the table and placed the scrolls down.

"The myth about Aileana's kind." Merida replied.

"Wow! Really?" Roana asked.

"Yeah, it was an amazing story." Merida said.

"I found more maps of the world." Carlos said.

"Stories about different warriors." Touma said.

"Fables from different countries." Najila said.

"They all sound very interesting." Jabare commented.

"Yes indeed." Hiccup agreed, "I never knew that this library holds so much knowledge of the world."

"You would be surprised, Hiccup." Jabare commented, teasingly.

====================================

So the group spent the entire day in the library, engrossed in the contents of the scrolls of knowledge that they found. Each rider was fascinated by what was said on the paper.

=====================================

Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours. - John Locke