An Icy Rescue

A/N:

'Dragons' - Dragonese

============================================================

Suddenly everything around Sinbad's crew, Marina, and the dragon riders instantly froze over, dropping the temperature and getting their ship stuck in the ice. Even Spike's saliva had turned into icicles from the sudden burst of cold.

"For crying out loud, what next?" Sinbad groaned. He turned and jumped back when he nearly collided with Kale's chest. "Oh, get a shirt on before you poke someone's eye out!" he muttered jokingly, sliding around the large man. Kale rolled his eyes. Sinbad walked over to the rail to look out over the ship. "Okay, guys, get down there and break it up! We have to keep moving!" He ordered.

===========================================================

Soon enough everyone was dressed in winter clothes to protect them from the cold. The crew used pickaxes, spears, and hooks to try and break up the ice around the ship, hoping to loosen it up enough to sail through. The dragon riders stayed on the ship, helping Sinbad. Suddenly, Spike barked warningly, sensing something amiss. Sinbad and the riders paused as they heard the bark and started scanning the area around them. The rest of the crew paused their work. Marina and Roana, who were currently on the other end of the ship, pulled off their hoods and stared out curiously towards the horizon. Spike rushed up next to the two and continued barking. A white wisp flew from one peak to the other in the distance. Marina and Roana frowned and tried to peer closer at the creature that had silently appeared. The crew instantly took a defensive stance and Sinbad's eyes widened, getting a better view of what it was. Spike barked once more before whimpering and running off to hide, instantly putting the others on edge. Everyone stood stock still, waiting in eerie silence. A loud screech caused them to jump as a giant ice bird falcon out through the rock ruins over their area. The crew and riders ducked as the bird swooped over the ship slowly, scanning each and every one of them as it passed.

"Everyone back on the ship!" Sinbad shouted, shooting back up and watching the bird swing around for another run at them

"Everyone back on the ship!" Sinbad shouted, shooting back up and watching the bird swing around for another run at them. All the men shouted encouragement to move faster and run as they darted for safety. However, one had been out farther than the rest. Marina and Roana watched in horror as the bird bared its talons at him and swept in for the kill. She watched as he quickly leaped into a pool of ice water to avoid it but putting himself in another dangerous situation at the same time. The bird screeched before heading out to swoop back around.

"Jed!" Marina and Roana shouted in worry as she waited for him to surface. The man sputtered as he scrambled to pull himself up onto the small piece of ice that was floating nearby. Roana quickly reached over to grab a spare piece of rope and tossed it out. "Grab the rope!" she ordered and Marina began tying it off.

Hiccup and the other three riders were busy helping others onto the ship when Hiccup and Sinbad noticed the bird whipping its head around and spotting someone. Looking over they followed its line of sight to Marina and Roana who were busy helping Jed.