When In Rome

A/N:

'Dragons' - Dragonese

====================================

A few days later, Hiccup was helping Roana and Luna with dragon training. Luna was still trying to get along with the other riders. But Hiccup and Roana had complete faith that Luna will soon accept them as friends. The other riders wanted to help, but since Luna was a Night Fury like Toothless, which she was renamed as a Light Fury, they figured that Hiccup would be better suited to teach her. For Soleada, her wing was healing nicely and would be able to fly in a couple of months. The riders also introduced the dragons to the roman citizens. Many were intrigued by the mythical creatures. Once Soleada was finished healing, Hiccup suggested that she should go to the Dragon Sanctuary. She agreed and followed Sharpshot when he had to deliver another letter to Valka.

As they took refuge in Rome, Marius decided that the dragon riders would need teachers to improve their skills and talents. They were trained by Marius's guards which included swords, archery, and hand to hand combat. One of the guards was impressed with Merida's skill in archery. Hiccup was being taught by the blacksmiths who were helping him improve his smiting skills. Carlos was learning trades from the tradesmen who visited Rome, and Audrey was being taught by one of the physicians. Each of their teachers were impressed by their skills. But Marius would also teach them the history of Rome between their lessons, which interested most of them, surprisingly Merida. Marius would also introduce them to any royal visitors and events that were going on in the Colosseum. They mostly enjoyed the plays that they were performing. Some were funny, sad, and heartwarming. Without even knowing it, a year had passed by for our dragon riders. The riders soon decided their next location to explore.

"Library of Alexandria?" Marius asked.

"Yes, we all decided that we want to see it and from what we've heard about it, it sounds amazing." Hiccup replied.

"Indeed it is." Marius agreed, "When do you plan on heading out?"

"The day after tomorrow." Hiccup replied, "We have a lot of things to do before we leave."

"I understand." Marius sighed, "Things are going a little bit different when you all leave."

"I know, we've all had such a great time learning about this city." Hiccup agreed.

"Hiccup, I have a request." Marius said.

"What is it?" Hiccup asked.

"I would like you to take Roana with you." Marius requested.

"What? Why?" Hiccup questioned, confused.

"Roana deserves to see what lies outside of Rome. She did once tell me that she always wanted to go on an adventure." Marius told him.

"Are you really sure about letting her come with us?" Hiccup asked.

"I know that she'll be able to handle herself. Besides, she has Luna and all of her friends." Marius assured him.

"Well then, I'll let her come with us. I think she'll enjoy being in on our adventure." Hiccup accepted his request.

==========================================

The day after tomorrow, the dragon riders including Roana and her dragon, Luna, were ready to leave the city of Rome. The riders' teachers were sad to see their students leave, but they knew that they wouldn't stay in Rome forever. So they each gave a gift to their students. Carlos was given two Gladius swords. The four other riders also received a Gladius sword. Merida was given a new set of bows and arrows which she definitely liked. Audrey was given some new medicine along with ingredients and instructions on how to make them. For Hiccup, he received more forge tools from the blacksmiths which he was happy to receive. At the moment, the riders and their dragons stood outside of the gates of Rome, ready to leave on a new adventure.

"I wish you luck on your journey." Marius said.

"Thank you, Marius." Hiccup said.

Marius nodded and went to Roana. He wrapped his arms around Roana's figure and held her close to him.

"I will miss you my child." Marius admitted with tearful eyes.

"I will too, father." Roana said in a cracked tone.

Marius let go of Roana and held her at arm's length. He gently wiped away the tears in the corner of her eyes.

"Make sure to have as many adventures as possible." Marius requested.

"I will, father." Roana promised before giving him one last hug and mounting onto Luna's saddle. Hiccup and the other riders mounted their own.

"Safe travels, dragon riders." Marius said.

The riders nodded and one by one, they all flew up into the sky and headed off to their next location. Marius watched them fly off until he could no longer see them.

===========================================

People don't take trips, trips take people. - John Steinbeck

==============================================

Gladius Swords: