The Lantern Festival

A/N:

'Dragons' – Dragonese

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Much to the dragons' dismay, they had to wait on the border line of the trees while Rapunzel, Eugene, Hiccup, Carlos, and Max entered the city. They could easily tell that she was very excited to finally be here. As they were walking, Eugene noticed another wanted poster of him and quickly grabbed and crumbled it. He turned to Max who was glaring at him and he shoved the crumbled paper into the horse's mouth. But then Max spit it out and spread out on Eugene's face. Max and the boys laughed at that. However that upset Eugene and he started to get into a fight with the horse. Then the two heard Pascal who was glaring at them, warning them to behave. The two separated and shoved each other with deadpan faces.

Up ahead, Rapunzel was gazing at everything that was going on as people walked by her. Then she kept bumping into people and tried to avoid getting hurt. Unfortunately she was tugged by her hair when someone had stepped on it and saw Eugene and the boys collecting it, trying to prevent it from getting caught onto something. Once they gathered all of her hair, the four of them tried to think of a way to keep her hair from getting stepped on. Then Eugene spotted four red hair girls braiding each other's hair at a fountain. That's when he got an idea. He whistled at them and gestured the pile of hair in their arms. The girls were shocked at the amount of hair and decided to braid her long hair.

Meanwhile, Eugene and the boys were watching Rapunzel getting her hair braided while trying to stay hidden from the guards who passed by. Then Eugene, Hiccup, Carlos, Pascal, and Max stared at Rapunzel whose hair was beautifully double braided with flowers and twirled around with a smile.

"Oooh, thank you." Rapunzel thanked the four little girls as she awed at her new hairstyle.

Eugene smiled at her awed expression. He had to admit that she looked beautiful with her hair like that. He turned and saw Max and the boys grinning and wiggling their eyebrows at him. He playful shoved Max's face away from him who neighed playful as well while Hiccup and Carlos chuckled. Throughout most of the afternoon, Rapunzel was gazing at each stand they came across as they walked. Soon enough, the gang got hungry and Eugene decided to get them something to eat. As they waited in line, Rapunzel and the boys spotted a tile art style mural of a man and woman holding a little girl in their arms. The man had short brown hair with a beard and blue eyes while the woman had long brown hair and green eyes. Both were wearing crowns which meant that they were the King and Queen of Corona. In the woman's arms, the baby girl had short blond hair and green eyes that appeared to be wearing some sort of crown. There were a few people standing in front of it. Vases of flowers were laid right near it. Then they spotted a woman sitting down with a little girl in her lap while another one, who looked to be the older one, was holding a flower in her hand.

"It's for the lost princess." The little girl said as she placed the flower near the mural.

The three looked back up at the mural. For some strange reason, the little girl looked familiar to them. Before they could question about it, Rapunzel heard music and spotted a small group of musicians and decided to follow them. By the time, Eugene got the food he spotted Rapunzel dancing to the music that the musicians were playing. Then she started making other people join the dance. The five watched Rapunzel twirl around with the people until she saw the group and gestured them to join. But Eugene shook his head which meant 'no way'. However Max pushed him into the crowd which he was grabbed by a woman to join him to a dance. So the remaining four chuckled at his expression and watched him dance. Then Max and Pascal gestured to Hiccup and Carlos to join. Figuring that Max would make them go anyway, they went into the crowd. As the afternoon went by, the group was having the time of their lives. Dancing, looking through books in small libraries, trying delicious treats, drawing pictures with chalk on the ground, buying some souvenirs, while trying to remain hidden from the guards. Right at the end of the day, the dance in the square was coming to a finish and Rapunzel was twirling until she ended in Eugene's arms, both out of breath.