A Light Fury

A/N:

'Dragons' - Dragonese

=================================================

It was the next morning when the dragon riders planned out what to do when the dragon would come back to get more fish. Roana had told them that the dragon usually comes around late in the evening. So they tried to figure out the possible hiding spots where the dragon might be hiding. Luckily Marius warned his people about their dragons ahead of time. That way, they won't be shot at while looking for the dragon. At that moment, Roana and the riders were getting ready to follow the plan.

"So you know a lot about dragons, right?" Roana asked.

"Yeah, I do. I've been studying and interacting with them since I was fourteen." Hiccup told her.

"That's also when you met Toothless, right?" Roana asked.

"He was my only friend when we met, but now, we have even more friends." Hiccup replied, petting Toothless's head.

"It sounds amazing to have a dragon." Roana commented.

"It is, when you ride on the back of a dragon, the world just opens up to you." Hiccup stated.

"Wow." Roana awed, petting Toothless's head, "I wish I had a dragon."

"Maybe you might, Roana, someday." Hiccup assured her.

"I hope so, Hiccup." Roana said.

At that moment, they heard the sound of a horn coming from a distance. The riders quickly mounted their dragons and Roana mounted on Toothless and wrapped her arms around Hiccup's waist from behind. Hiccup's breath hitched at that moment. He didn't know why, he had Rapunzel as a passenger before and her touch never made a reaction out of him. However for Roana, it was different. But he decided to leave the feeling on the back burner and focus on the dragon that was near the harbor. They shot into the sky and headed towards the harbor. When they got there, they spotted the white dragon taking off with a net full of fish who flew right by them.

"After it!" Hiccup ordered as he and the other riders went after the dragon.

=================================================

They pursued the dragon below the cloud line, making sure that the dragon wouldn't spot them. It was lucky that the dragon hadn't yet. The dragon soon flew above the tree and disappeared into it. The dragon riders followed after.

"She disappeared." Carlos stated.

"Now what?" Roana asked.

"We'll have to continue on foot I guess." Hiccup suggested.

The riders spotted a clearing where they could land. They turned towards the clearing and the dragon carefully landed onto the ground and the riders dismounted.

"Judging by the direction of the wind, the dragon must have headed North of where we are now," Hiccup explained as he took out his compass and looked at the direction where the arrow was pointing to, "We'll head North."

He walked in that direction with Roana, the riders and their dragons behind him.

====================================================

An hour had gone by as the group walked through the forest. No sight of the dragon at all. Hiccup stopped walking along with the others and let out a sigh of defeat.

"So now what?" Audrey asked.

Before Hiccup could say anything, Toothless ran past him and jumped over the bushes.