Chapter 17

The Next Day 

You were walking towards the main hall where the dance was. You had on a tuxedo and your hair was slicked back. In your opinion, you were looking fine as hell. You walked over to the fountain that was in front of the main hall, where you saw Blake in the dress you made her. 

(Y/N): " Looking good. "

Blake turns around, blushing when she sees you. 

Blake: " (Y/N), you don't look bad yourself. "

She walks over and grabs your arm. You both begin to head towards the entrance of the hall. 

Blake: " So, are you nervous about performing tonight? "

(Y/N): " Nope. Not a bit. "

Blake: " Really, no nervousness at all? "

(Y/N): " Hey, I have you and everyone else to impress. I wouldn't have volunteered to perform otherwise. "

You both walk into the dance hall to see most couples slow dancing to the music. You and Blake walk onto the dance floor. You took her hand and began to dance slowly with her.

Blake: " You're a better dancer than I thought. "

(Y/N): " As I told Weiss, i'm a man of culture. "

She laughs at your comment as you two continue to dance. You look around and you see Jaune and Pyrrha dancing together happily. Jaune sees you as you shoot him a thumbs up, and he shoots one back. You continue to dance with Blake until the song ends. 

Blake: " Hey, i'm going to go talk to Yang for a bit. "

(Y/N): " Alright. "

Blake walks towards where Yang is sitting. You walk over to the punch bowl and see Ruby standing by herself. 

(Y/N): " Hey Ruby. You doing ok? "

Ruby: " Yep, just hanging out by the punch bowl by myself. " 

(Y/N): " Not anymore, i'm here. "

Ruby smiles, which causes you to blush. Her smile gets even bigger as she watches your reaction. You realize it's about time for you to sing your first song. 

(Y/N): " Hey Ruby, i'll be right back. I gotta bring the house down. "

Ruby: " Break a leg (Y/N)! "

You walk up to the stage and grab the guitar you were going to use as the music on the speakers faded out. 

Blake POV

I watched as (Y/N) walked onto the stage and sat on a stool in front of a microphone. He then began to sing.

Didn't know what time it was and the lights were low!
I leaned back on my radio!
Some cat was layin' down some get it on rock 'n' roll, he said!
Then the loud sound did seem to fade!
Came back like a slow voice on a wave of phase haze!
That weren't no D.J. that was hazy cosmic jive!

There's a starman waiting in the sky!
He'd like to come and meet us!
But he thinks he'd blow our minds!
There's a starman waiting in the sky!
He's told us not to blow it!
Cause he knows it's all worthwhile!
He told me:

Let the children lose it!
Let the children use it!
Let all the children boogie!

I had to phone someone so I picked on you!
Hey, that's far out so you heard him too!
Switch on the TV we may pick him up on channel two!
Look out your window I can see his light!
If we can sparkle he may land tonight!
Don't tell your poppa or he'll get us locked up in fright!