Prologue

Ives is not a typical teenager. She's closed off, and she hates it when people pry into her personal life. She is afraid that her dark past will haunt her forever, and she is constantly blaming herself for her mother's death five years ago. Even though she knows it wasn't her fault, she can't forgive herself for not doing anything. She's convinced she could have saved her.

She has finally managed to rip herself away from her alcoholic father and her overprotective brother by getting into a college far away from home. She is confident that the "new Ives" will be better, and she can have friends again, be confident, stand up for herself, she can go to see concerts, she can party and have a good time without constantly being reminded of the tragic events that happened right in front of her eyes.

Inevitably, she meets new people, and some of them truly care about her, while the others are just waiting for the right opportunity to take advantage of her. None of them knows her past, and Ives is completely sure that everything will be a lot better now that she's getting a fresh start.

Are you?

⚠️ This is a fictional story. ⚠️

All characters are fictional, their opinions and actions are in no way real, or related to the real world.

⚠️ This story contains mature themes. ⚠️

Mature themes such as violence, harassment, self-harm, suicide-attempts, sex, alcohol- and drug-abuse.

⚠️ Read with caution! ⚠️

I will not post warnings on the chapters containing mature themes. This is your only warning.