Seven

IVES

The whole of Sunday was painful. My head was hurting, and I'm sure that drinking that much beer when I was still recovering from the tequila from Friday night was a very bad idea.

Josie told me that she and Grayson got me home after the show, but I don't remember getting home. I remember getting dragged outside by Max, but I don't remember going back in. Josie said Max brought me back inside and left me to get home with her. She also said I was very proud to have said no to having sex with him.

I don't know what to think of any of that, honestly. When I woke up yesterday I was completely sure that I had left the bar with Max, and I was almost disappointed when I learned I hadn't. Almost.. 

Right now I'm on my way to professor Wilson's book club, and I'm clenching my copy of To Kill a Mockingbird against my chest. I was feeling better than yesterday, but I still didn't want to drink beer ever again. It felt so much worse than Saturday morning, after tequila. Maybe I should be switching to stronger things permanently.

I open the door into the weirdly small room. It's still weird to me that this huge ass building has a room this small, but I guess every building has its secrets.

I glance through the room to see if there's a seat available, and I catch Dean's eyes. He smiles at me and waves me over to him. I take a deep breath as I walk over. It's my only chance to see him, so I guess I should just accept the friendship he wants, and get over my little crush.

I place my butt onto the seat next to him and put my book down on the desk.

"How're you doing?" he asks immediately.

"I'm good. I'm never drinking beer again, though. How about you?" I ask back, and smile at him.

I notice he has a little hint of dimples when he smiles, and it makes my heart clench ever so slightly. I'm in trouble.

"I'm fine. I saw you at the show Saturday, did you enjoy it?"

"Yeah, it was great. You were great," I say with a smile.

I think back to when I walked into the bar that night. I saw Max and Dean talking to each other, and then both of them looked over at me. I felt like my world was crashing down around me. Why on earth would those two talk? They don't look like they're surfing the same wave at all, but then again, Dean doesn't exactly look like someone who would be in a rock band.

It suits him, though. He looked really good with the bass guitar hanging over his shoulders, banging his head to the drums. I bite my lip a little as I think about it, and I sigh.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," he says, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I just smile at him, before I open up my book and starts to look at a random page.

"I didn't see you after, though, I went out to look for you," he then says, and I can feel his eyes on me.

"Oh, yeah, I got a little drunk, so Josie took me home," I say and send him a small smile.

Why do I feel so small next to him? He's not that big. My eyes travel down his body for a few seconds, and I look at him in his white t-shirt. It's a little loose, but it accentuates his muscles very perfectly. He's not as bulky as Max, but he's definitely muscly. I bet he could pick me up and slam me against a wall.

Shit, stop that, brain!

"Really? Are you a lightweight, then?" he asks.

I feel my cheeks start to burn just a little, so I look back down into my book. I forgot that he brought my drunk ass home on Friday, and now I just told him I needed help again on Saturday.