Eight

DEAN

Ives is really not the kind of girl I usually go for. She's sweet and chill to be around, while other girls are often very forward and asks to come over to my dorm to see my guitar, although they never seem to realize that I play a bass, not a regular guitar. It's always awkward when they ask me to play something and I open with the bass-riff to Another One Bites the Dust.

They're always so surprised.

Ives, however, is nothing like that. I'm even beginning to be slightly afraid that she's slowly friend-zoning me, so I guess I have to step up my game unless I want her to fall into the arms of someone else. 

She's beautiful in every way I've seen so far. Hey blue-gray eyes are my favorite thing, I think, along with her shiny, blonde hair. It's clear that she's naturally not blonde, but the way it's bleached suits her really well.

I walk through campus with her following close behind. I'm taking her to my safe-place. I want to show her that I really do want to listen to whatever is bothering her, and at the same time, maybe upgrade our lunch-date to a real date.

I pull a few strands of my hair behind my ear, before I turn back to Ives. She looks kind of confused, and kind of intrigued. It's a lovely mix of feelings on her face.

"We're almost there," I say, and turn around a corner.

We walk together around the building, and I climb up a few big rocks. I reach down to help her up after me, and she takes my hand. Her touch is wonderful, it's unlike anything I've ever felt before. Even my cock agrees. I really want to keep holding her hand.

I smile at her, and try my best to play it cool, while I pull her up with me.

"Just a little further," I say.

I don't let go of her hand. Instead, I hold it as we walk together through the light woods behind campus, until we reach my safe-place. She doesn't seem to protest the hand-holding, much to my delight, and I send her a small smile before I look around. The stream that flows through here is so peaceful and distracting that every time I'm here, I can't think about whatever it was that made me sad. I really can't.

We walk to the side of the stream, and I sit down on the ground, reluctantly letting her hand go to pat on the ground next to me.

She sits down beside me, and she puts her bag down, too. Her eyes go to the stream, and her mouth opens. Her dreamy-looking lips parts, and my mind keeps telling me to kiss her, but I know I can't. I don't want to scare her off.

"It's beautiful here, and it's so close to campus! How did you find this?" she asks, and looks over at me with awe in her eyes.

Probably for the place, though, not for me.

"I took a walk during my freshman year, and just happened to find it. I love it here," I say and smile at her. "You can use it if you want. Whenever you need to."

"Thanks," she says, and looks out towards the water again.

It really is a beautiful place, but not as beautiful as her.

She takes a few deep breaths, and I smile as I watch her. She really is gorgeous, and I have no idea what I'm doing when I actually like a girl. I mean, I have had girlfriends before, but no one I really, really wanted to be with, so now I'm really worried that I will fuck this up somehow.

She then turns to me, and folds her arms over her chest.

"You don't have to talk about it, I just wanted to help," I say with a smile, and I reach up to rub her shoulder comfortingly.