Eleven

IVES

I told Josie everything that day. Everything from how my mother died in front of my eyes, to how my dad's been drinking ever since, and what Ray told me when I called him back. Everything.

I didn't leave a single detail out.

Not even the fact that my dad and brother still calls me Ruby, and Ru, even though I hate it. My dad used to say my cheeks flushed like a ruby when I was a little kid, and now he still teases me about it. My mom loved that, which is part of the reason why I hate it. I don't deserve something so pure and happy, since I let my mom die like that. I didn't do a thing to help her.

"You do deserve it, Ives, but you'll see for yourself one day. And for the record, I don't think it was your fault at all," Josie said when I told her.

She was probably under the impression that I couldn't have done anything, but I could have. I could have stopped her, or not let her know that he was there. Why did I even point my finger at him?

I ended up crying a lot that night, while Josie comforted me and she even ordered take-out for us, since I couldn't get myself to walk out of our room.

It was an okay night after all, since I got to bond with my new best friend, I reconciled with my brother, somewhat, and I got a heart in a text from Dean. That last part was probably the best thing. At least, the thing that made me most nervous, in a good way.

I was really happy to discover that Josie didn't judge me or anything for my past. Instead, she hugged me, and told me she would always be there, even after college. I know it's probably hard to stay in touch with friends from college after graduation, but I didn't mind trying, with her.

Once another week of classes and studying was over, it was time for Friday, and another frat party at the Beta-house.

I am completely ready to let loose and forget all about the bad memories that has resurfaced this week. No doubt.

Josie and I are staring into the mirror together, as we look at our outfits.

"You look fire, Ives. You have to wear that!" she says with a huge smile on her lips. "Both Max and Dean will definitely get boners from this!"

I roll my eyes at her.

"That's not my goal," I say.

It most definitely is my goal.

"Liar," she says and fixes a few strands of my curled hair into place.

I'm looking like I'm definitely trying to get some dick with this ensemble, even though I think I'll say I'll be happy if I can see it. Through some pants.. A short, black skirt, curtesy of Josie's closet, along with the same, see-through top I wore the first time we went to see The Secret, with a black bra underneath. I'm also wearing my black heels.

I do look a little good. Although, I'm a little concerned about the see-through top.

Josie is wearing a pink two-piece, all laced up on her back, underneath her thick, gorgeous hair, and a pair of surprisingly low heels. She says it's because Grayson likes her normal height.

She's so lovesick for Grayson that it makes me jealous. They've been on a few more dates, but they're not official yet. I think they will be within a month, though, and they'll probably last forever, making me having to interact with Max at their wedding. Maybe I could avoid him somehow, make up an excuse to run away any time he might approach me, saying it's my duty as a bridesmaid to take care of any disasters. Yeah, definitely a good idea.