Thirty-three

MAX

I'm definitely at a loss when it comes to that girl.

She's like no one I've ever met before, and I kind of want to run after her and press her up against a wall, and kiss away all her pain.

Dean might have gotten her virginity, but... No, no buts. She is basically his now, and I need to back the fuck off. I've been with a few other girls since I realized she and Dean were going to be a thing anyway, and it's been fun. Not in the least as fun as it used to be, but I think I might accept that she's just not into me like that.

It kills me that she's struggling with something, though, and apparently it's more than just this thing with Alex.

I need to have a chat with Alex, too.

That's no way of treating women, even I know that.

I have to admit that I kind of had Grayson spy on her for me at the beginning of the semester. It started when he took the initiative to text me when he had his first date with Josie at that coffee shop, and told me Ives was there, too, probably as moral support for her friend. I came straight there to talk to her. I kind of wanted to ask her out, but I didn't think the timing was right. And I didn't want to come on too strong.

I'm a fucking coward. I regret not doing that now.

I think I might have had a foot in, especially when she admitted that she thought Dean had friend-zoned her. He most definitely did not friend-zone her, and I guess they figured it out. Considering they fucked. I have this recurring image of the two of them together now, naked, and I have to admit it's not the worst thing to think about.. Maybe I don't like her too much, then, since I'm okay with knowing she had another guy.

It's such a dick move of me to keep pursuing her now, but I kind of want to.

Eh, I don't know.

The internal struggle is way too hard to handle. I have no idea what to do with myself, honestly.

I get myself up to my room, just in time to see Harry's Halloween-guest leaving our room. I raise an eyebrow at the guy, as he grins at me, and I shake my head. I'm glad I decided to stay elsewhere last night, then.

I get into the room, and deflate on my bed.

The worst thing about this whole thing must be that my roommate is one of Dean's best friends.

It was he who initially made me back down after I had talked to her when I was high as a kite a few weeks ago. He had started to ramble about his friend wanting to finally have a girlfriend for more than a few weeks, kind of the same feeling I had had since I met her, and it's slowly making me want to get to the bottom of every bottle behind every bar in town. Both for feeling that way, and for backing off and letting him have her.

I'm not a monogamous guy, you know?

It's just not who I am.

"I take it you've finally stopped thinking about Dean's girl, then?" Harry asks me, as he steps out of our bathroom, wearing just a pair of boxers.

I groan.

I don't know how he does it, but he's always so fucking chipper.

He's smiling at me, and wiggling his eyebrows as he looks down at my Michael Myers-costume from the night before.

"Yeah, definitely," I lie, and shrug a little. "That girl I was with last night was definitely something, though. She gave head, and I didn't even need to hint at it."