Chapter 1

Yan Zhi had spent many days searching in the mortal realm and yet she was no closer to her goal. When she told her 2nd brother, Li Jing her wish to find their eldest brother, he tried her best to discourage her. He didn't understand her.

The Princess of the Ghost realm was the youngest of three siblings. The pearl on her father's palm. Even though her two older brothers disliked each other, they both doted on her.

Things were hard when her father, Qing Chang was sealed in the Eastern Emperor Bell. Instantly, her family had torn apart. Li Jing had assented to the throne with the help of foreign powers.
Li Yuan disappeared after that.

And the little immortal, Sin Yin hated her to her bones.

Yan Zhi wanted everything to go back the way it was. Even though her father was no longer around. There had to be a way to reunite her family back.

Her latest clue had to lead her to a town in a small kingdom. The town was in ruins as if a hurricane had just blown by. The townsfolk were busy repairing the damage. Yan Zhi had to tread carefully to avoid any debris.

She had heard her father's mount, the Crimson Fire Golden Lion Beast had decimated this kingdom for 10 years. Drought and famine plagued this kingdom. He had even assaulted the queen.

Yan Zhi knew that the beast's actions were terrible. But he was the closest lead she had in weeks. She would find him and stop him. Hopefully, she will find some answers along the way.

After asking a few villagers around. She had found out a dragon had descended from the heavens to slay the beast. The battle was fierce and the Golden Lion Beast was finally put down by a powerful lightning bolt.

The beast might have well to be good as dead. Feeling dejected, she wandered around the town some more. Li Ying had once told her that Si Yin liked to visit the tea house near here.

As she walked into the tea house, she had found a commotion more exciting than the plays here.

"The fan is mine! Please give it back!"

Fan?

Yan Zhi turned to see a woman being harassed by a Taoist monk. In his hands held a folded fan. It was carved from dark wood, decorated with jade ornaments.

The monk opened the fan, it revealed a painting of a beautiful mountain range.

" This is not an average fan. It had been passed down from my ancestors for generations.

"It's Jade Purity Fan of Kunlun. A powerful artifact. Not just anyone can pick it up, "

Jade Purity Fan of Kunlun?

Yan Zhi remembered that fan and its wielder, how he decimated entire troops with just a wave of the fan. How a weapon like that ended up in the hands of a poor monk?

Yan Zhi grabbed his wrist and squeezed it tight. He cried out in pain.

"I'm sorry, monk. I don't think this fan belonged to you."

Yan Zhi summoned the fan to her. As she tried to grab it, the fan flew past her and landed on the lady's basket.

Yan Zhi studied the young woman. She's pretty in a simple way with tattered clothes and her hair tied in a mess. Something about her felt very familiar. Upon closer inspection, Yan Zhi realized she looked like the immortal Si Yin. But that's odd, Sin Yin was a man. She was just a mortal woman.

Yan Zhi knew that powerful artifacts have a mind of their own. Somehow the fan had claimed that woman to be its new owner. Yan Zhi couldn't just let a lowly monk process it.