Chapter 4

Ye Hua immediately took Su Su back to her hut. She shivered violently in his arms, her lips were turning blue. He wrapped himself around her body, hoping his body heat will be able to warm her up.

No, prevail. 

He summoned a fireplace and lit it. Instantly warming up the room. She couldn't stay in those clothes,  Ye Hua thought, she will freeze to death.

When he reached out to thug on her ribbons, he paused.  

As he was debating between maintaining her decency or helping the poor woman, Yan Zhi appeared in the room in a puff of smoke. 

Ye Hua immediately retreated his hands. "Change out of her wet clothes" he ordered, "I'll wait outside,"

He left before Yan Zhi could mutter a single word at him. 

Ye Hua stood at the door for about 5 seconds before he felt anxious and wanted to barge inside. She was so cold, her pulse was so weak. 

He practically blamed himself for the incident by the river. He wanted to remain anonymous from the demoness, but he didn't realize the length that she will go through. 

She had overstayed her welcome. 

And so did he.

Once she got better, maybe he should leave. 

His heart ached in the idea. He didn't want to leave her here alone in the forest. He didn't want to wake up without her by his side. He wanted to look upon her smiling face when she sees at him.

He kept himself busy by going to the kitchen. Using some leftovers, he made a pot of porridge.  

Usually, princes don't cook. But his Shifu had thought it was necessary for Ye Hua to learn the basics as survival skills. As he got older, he developed an interest in it. He had a private kitchen in his palace.  On the days that he was free, he would cook up a dish or two. But he never shares them with anyone else, especially his family. They would judge him and deemed it unworthy for a prince to cook. Therefore, he kept it as one of his little secrets. 

Little secret...

He looked upon the bedroom door. They should be done by now. 

He scooped up a bowl of porridge and prepared a cup of water.  He knocked on the door twice. 

"Come in," the demoness announced. 

Su Su was still lying unconscious on the bed, but she looked a lot better now. She was no longer shivering and the colors returned to her face. 

He placed the food on the table. 

The demoness immediately got up and greeted him. "Princess Yan Zhi of the Ghost Tribe greets High God Mo Yuan"

Ye Hua fought the urge to roll his eyes. The high god was long dead, how do people still confuse Ye Hua with him? "I'm afraid you're mistaken," he corrected her, "I'm the crown prince of the Nine Heavens, Ye Hua "

A look of surprise appeared on the princess's face. "Forgive me. Princess Yan Zhi of the Ghost Tribe greets the Crown Prince Ye Hua,"

Ye Hua nodded and greeted back in returned.  Now the formalities were over, the princess' expression turned stern.

"Tell me," Yan Zhi asked, "Why is the crown prince doing here in a mortal's house,"

"I could ask you the same thing, Princess,"  

Yan Zhi balled her hands into fists.

To avoid another fight, he replied, "I believe that she'd already explained. I got hurt and she took care of me,"