Chapter 20

Yan Zhi just took her eyes off Si Yin for one minute and she was gone. In fact, she thought she was still sleeping in bed. What Yan Zhi didn't realize that she had fallen to the oldest trick in the books: the pillow under the blanket.

By the time Yan Zhi found out it had been around lunch. When Si Yin hadn't immediately bound into the kitchen at the smell of food, Yan Zhi could tell something was off. After checking the bed, and realized she was missing. She checked every nook and cranny of the house. Nothing.

Had she ran out to the forest? It wasn't the first time Si Yin had done that. The fox had boundless energy compared to Su Su. How did High God Mo Yuan keep Si Yin in check for all those years?

Then Yan Zhi recalled how she first met Si Yin. She let out a sigh, even a High God failed to keep her in check, much less Yan Zhi.

She was relieved when Ye Hua called her. Apparently, Si Yin had snuck into Ye Hua's traveling pack. Yan Zhi had no idea how did she manage that. The Crown Prince had promised to look after her until he found a suitable time to take her home.

With Ye Hua by her side, Yan Zhi lessened the worry down her shoulders. She knew that the Crown Prince will be able to take care of his wife well. That would give her time to concentrate on other matters, like breaking the two curses.

Despite Yan Zhi's crush on her when they were younger, she really didn't know much about Si Yin. She was the seventeenth disciple of the High God Mo Yuan. She was also his most treasured. Judging by how bravely she fought and how many enemies she had taken down on that battle, one could only conclude that she was immensely powerful, a worthy disciple of Kunlun Mountain.

Right now, Si Yin couldn't manage a simple spell. She was stuck between a delicate balance of being a fox spirit and a mortal. Her powers were pale in comparison seventy thousand years ago. Therefore theoretically if Si Yin manages to regain her immortal status, she might be powerful enough to break Yan Zhi's curse herself.

The first rational thing to do was to break the first curse that turned her mortal. To do that Yan Zhi must first understand how Si Yin got cursed in the first place. She packed her luggage and started her journey to Kunlun Mountain.

_______________________________

After so long, Si Yin was relieved to find a friendly familiar face. It's not like Si Yin was ungrateful to Yan Zhi, she had tried her best to take care of her. All said and done she was still Qing Chang's daughter. She just couldn't find herself to trust her.

As for Ye Hua, he only looked like Shifu. But from the way he talks, walks, stands and sits was completely different from her mentor. It's not like Si Yin had spent a lot of time observing him. No, she absolutely did not. She absolutely did not notice how Ye Hua spoke to her with gentle loving tenderness. She definitely did not notice how charming his sweet smile that was only reserved for her. No one had ever gazed at her with so much love and admiration like he did. No, absolutely not. That was just her mortal-self thinking that, not Si Yin.

Her first Senior, Die Feng was a discipline, reliable man. Si Yin could always find herself to count on him. He would definitely recognize her and realize something was wrong. He would take her back to Zhe Yan. that Phoenix would know how to help her.

On the way to the Crystal Palace, Si Yin tried everything to gain Die Feng's attention. From circling his feet to yapping really loudly and leaping on his shoulders. Ye Hua had to keep apologizing for her behavior. "She is not usually like this, "

She leaped into his arm which earned a look of disdain on Ye Hua's face. Si Yin didn't care. She had important matters to deal with. She barked as loudly as she could, pawing her Senior's chest.