Chapter 7

Xuan Nu

That was her name, was it? The woman managed to...

Su Su's head throbbed with pain. She clutched her side of her head. She felt like a red hot metal had pressed on her forehead. Her chest screamed in agony as if someone compressing her body into a ball.

The woman had led to the demise of her...of her...

Su Su collapsed on the floor, the last thing she heard was Yan Zhi calling her name.

Yan Zhi ran towards her sister with Li Jing tailing behind her. She pulled her up and cradled her in her arms. She called her name, Su Su gave no response.

Her brother looked upon at Su Su's unconscious face. "Ah Yin," he said in astonishment. Xuan Nu inspected her closer, "My Lord, don't be foolish. Si Yin is a man, this person here is clearly a woman. She is not Si Yin,"

Li Jing glared at his wife, "What did you do?"

Xuan Nu tried to defend herself, "I didn't touch a single hair in her body, that woman just collapse in front of me, "

"I saw you kicked her just now, " Yan Zhi protested.

"My lord, " Xuan Nu plead.

"Enough, " The Ghost Lord commanded, "I told you not to come here,"

"You didn't come to my quarters for months, why can't I come here?" She argued.

Li Jing's voice turned dangerously low, "You must remember your place. You are the Ghost Queen. You can't treat a guest like this,"

"A guest!" She spatted, "She was clearly another one of women you brought here to add to your never-ending harem,"

"Sister in law, please," Yan Zhi said, "I brought her here, it had nothing to do with Er Ge,"

"You of all people know we need to treat our guests with the utmost respect," Li Jing scolded.

"The woman disrespected me first, she refused to acknowledge my presence. Guests must respect their host first. Are you gonna let this go because she looked like Si Yin? " she added, "It had been seventy thousand years, he had been missing for seventy thousand years. Why can't you forget him! What did Si Yin have that I can't compete,"

Yan Zhi really had no patience to listen to the couple argued again. With a quick bow, she told her brother she's going to bring Su Su back to her quarters. Then the witch doctor came by to check on her. Before he left, he assured that she was fine. There wasn't any problem with her body.

Then why did Su Su collapsed just now?

Yan Zhi ran a cool cloth against Su Su's forehead. This was the second time she was rendered unconscious. Both of the times was because of her.

I shouldn't have brought you here.

Yan Zhi heard knocking on the door. She permitted to enter. Li Jing walked through the door.

"I gave Xuan Nu a good scolding, " he said, "She won't bother your friend again, "

Yan Zhi didn't utter a reply.

"I'm sorry for what happened, Yan Zhi, " he tried to say.

"I know, Er Ge, "

"Then why do I feel that you're still angry at me?"

Because you castrated our brother and stole the throne?

Yan Zhi remained quiet. Her brother let out a sigh. "How's your friend?"