Chapter 21

The disciple followed her all the way down the mountain. He confiscated her weapon. With his sword pointed behind her and her hands bound by a magical rope. Yan Zhi had no choice but to comply.

He had asked her to take her to Si Yin. Yan Zhi couldn't obviously do that since the fox was with Ye Hua. On the way down the mountain, Yan Zhi kept thinking up ways to distract him and escape.

If it wasn't the energy surrounding this place, I would have pulverized you by now.

Yan Zhi tried for a smile but it showed no effect on the man. Instead, she started up a conversation. "Mister, can you tell me how Si Yin was back then?"

"Why would you want to know?" He asked.

"Cause I admired him, " She faked a giggle, thinking of her own feelings back then. On how she never met an immortal like her before. "He's cute and quite dashing. Are all Kunlun disciples like that?"

Zi Lan let out a smirk, "Of course, our Shifu taught us to be courageous, to always help others in need, to be the best in any situation, "

Yan Zhi tried not to gag at that brag. Obviously, the High God never taught them humility. "Certainly, " she said, "Kunlun disciples are known to be the best warriors in the world, "

Zi Lan let out a smirk.

"I bet Si Yin was the best in his class, " she said.

Zi Lan coughed, "Si Yin, please. He couldn't even calculate the time and date of his own lightning ascension trial. I wouldn't call him the best pupil, "

They climbed over a rock, Yan Zhi pondered this, "Then why did people said he was High God Mo Yuan most beloved disciple?" Usually, the most studious pupil curry the most favor.

"High God Zhe Yan was an old friend of Shifu. When he brought Si Yin here to study of course Shifu going to pay extra care of him. He acted a bit childish, always getting into trouble. Therefore, Shifu had to always keep an eye on him." He explained, he held up a branch to help Yan Zhi go under it. Then he continued, "It helps that Si Yin was a notorious teacher's pet too. Constantly acting cute and pouty in front of Shifu. How could anyone not coddled him, "

Yan Zhi raised an eyebrow, "You seem like you hold a bit of resentment there?"

"Resentment? Nah." He shrugged, "He was the youngest one here. He also had a small frame, easily bullied by the other immortals around here. Therefore
all of us dotted on him."

Yan Zhi guessed he was right. If he didn't care for his junior, he wouldn't have searched for him for seventy thousand years. He was even willing to anger a Princess to find him. Maybe, Zi Lan and she weren't so different after all.

She thought of her own brothers. On how much they changed over the years. To the point that Yan Zhi couldn't even recognize them anymore, much less call them brothers.

Yan Zhi's voice turned soft, "What if you finally found Si Yin but he had changed completely to the point you can't even tell who he was anymore? What will you do?"

"Older siblings must care for their younger ones first to earn their admiration. Given time, I'm sure that Si Yin will come around, "

At least they knew how to treat their younger siblings. Yan Zhi's brothers wouldn't even try.

"Had you ever wonder why he ran away with High God Mo Yuan's body?" Yan Zhi asked.

"There is this story told in the mortal realm about a little boy named Kong Rong. He had five older brothers and one younger brother. One day their father bought a basket of pears. He let the youngest pick first. The toddler chose the biggest one, Kong Rong picked the smallest one. He let his oldest brother picked the large ones." He said.