Chapter 11

Author's Note:
Thank you @Anne4356, @Annabelleismabeste @amongforbiddenfruit and @Siona1979 for your ideas. I'll try to pepper them out throughout the story. I appreciate all the help and encouragement you all had given me.

_______________________________

It had been two weeks since the Crown Prince barged into the sisters' lives. He had shown no sign of leaving. He was constantly at Su Su's side. Listening to her talk, laughing at her jokes. Yan Zhi had tried ways to pry him off of her. She kept asking Su Su to help her with her chores. Ye Hua had just done it for her. She took Su Su to longer trips into the forest. He went out looking for them with a walking stick.

Ye Hua even when as far as cooking for them as repayment for letting him stay here. Yan Zhi initially scoffed at the idea. No way this spoiled brat of a prince knew how to cook. Anything that the snake made must be poisonous. The food turned out to be surprisingly edible, Su Su praised Ye Hua's cooking to be delicious. Yan Zhi scrunched her nose.

No way it's better than mine.

When Su Su asked Yan Zhi what was her opinion on it, she simply replied, "The chicken needs more salt, "

She pretended not to notice the look of displeasure he gave her.

Every time, Yan Zhi saw the Crown Prince of the Nine Heaven, he was always so stiff and rigid. He talked with an arrogant tone in his voice, his eyes showed no compassion.

And yet when Ye Hua was with Su Su, his whole demeanor changed. He looked more relaxed and carefree. His smile reached his eyes, he talked to Su Su with a gentle voice. He even treated Yan Zhi nicer.

Ye Hua's treatment of Su Su didn't go unnoticed by Yan Zhi. He took very good care of her, helping her to put on her shoes in the morning, helping out with the house chores. He even went out and hunted meat for them to eat. So what he was willing to give Su Su the star and the moon. Yan Zhi knew from the start his love for her was fruitless. There were already many tales of immortals falling in love with mortals that ended in tragedy. He should know better, growing up in the Celestial Heavens. All he was doing now was selfish to himself and to Su Su. In the end, it would be Yan Zhi left to pick up the pieces.

Ye Hua greeted Su Su by the door. He gave her his best charming smile and told her that he had patched the hole in the roof. He was covered with sweat and hay. Su Su brought him some water to clean up.

"Isn't it great Jie Jie," Su Su said, "Thanks to him, now we don't have to worry when it's raining,"

Yan Zhi sipped her cup of tea, pretending she didn't hear what she said. She could have easily fixed the roof herself with a bit of magic. Since he was so adamant to fix it, Yan Zhi let him. Save her a lot of energy anyway.

"Jie Jie, " Su Su chided. Yan Zhi understood what she meant. Su Su had pestered her to stop being rude to Ye Hua, after the things he had done for them. The Crown Prince didn't give her the same courtesy, why should she?

"It's okay. This is the least I could do, " Ye Hua said, "After all the meals I have eaten here, "

Is he trying to be the bigger person here?

Yan Zhi steeled her nerves, she gave him her best smile, "Thank you for your help, " she wanted to add "Your Highness" at the end. She wanted to tell Su Su the truth about him. And see how fast, Su Su will leave him. Yan Zhi didn't do it out of common courtesy. Telling one's true self was a personal thing. She had no right, it wasn't her secret to tell.
_______________________________

"Jie Jie, have you ever liked anyone before," Su Su asked Yan Zhi.

Yan Zhi nearly dropped the bowl she was drying. "What?"