Chapter 32

Everyone rushed to the site. True enough, the pagoda was collapsing. Rubble fell from the top, raining down on them like comets. Ye Hua quickly summoned a shield to reflect them. Li Jing wanted to rush inside to save his sister but Ye Hua grabbed his hand to stop him. It's too dangerous, they couldn't risk it. 

Of all the planning, Ye Hua didn't expect the pagoda to collapse. What was Yan Zhi doing inside there? More importantly, was this because of her doing or Su Jin's?

A troop of heavenly guards gathered together and tried to stabilize the building using magic. The effort was proven ineffective, the pagoda continued to collapse regardless. 

Everyone stood there in shock as the rumbling stopped and the pagoda completely collapsed. Monsters brushed out of the rubble, dozens of horrifying beasts took the opportunity to escape and wreak havoc upon the heavens.

The Nine Heavens exploded into chaos. Monsters rampaged across the site. Some people ran and flea. The immortals who knew how to fight stepped out to subdue the monsters. 

Ye Hua summoned the winds to blow away the dust. He quickly took leadership and commanded the soldiers to apprehend the beasts. But Ye Hua couldn't afford to get distracted, Yan Zhi was still in there. 

Was the Heavenly Lord gonna pretend nothing was amidst or he's going to search for Yan Zhi's body? Ye Hua didn't wait for his answer. 

He gave Die Feng orders to lead the capture. If there's anyone who knows how to lead troops it's him.

"Yes, my lord, " The Sea Prince bowed, and called out to his right-hand man," Sixteenth, watch my back, "

Ye Hua hastily summoned another team of men to search among the rubbles. "Quickly, " he ordered, "Who knew if anyone was sealed inside the building, "

"Ye Hua, what are you doing?" The Heavenly Lord grabbed his hand and sneered at him quietly.

Ye Hua did something he never did before. He forcefully ripped his hand away from his grandfather. "The right thing, my lord, " 

Ye Hua concentrated and summoned a soul searching spell among the rubble. She had to be alive, she had to. Ye Hua would never forgive himself if she didn't. Something struck him, Ye Hua opened his eyes. It was faint, barely hanging by the thread, but it's there. 

"Ye Hua!" His grandfather yelled. Ye Hua ignored him, he turned to Li Jing. He nodded and ran towards the rubble. 

They lifted stone after stone until their arms were sore. Li Jing found Yan Zhi collapsed among the rubble, a protective shield surrounding her. She must have collapsed from the strain of holding up the shield. Li Jing quickly dispelled the shield, Ye Hua broke the chains bounding her. 

Yan Zhi's body was battered with bruises and cuts. At least, she was still alive. Li Jing cradled her in his arms and carried her to safety.

He laid her gently down on the floor. Zhe Yan stepped up from the crowd, "Your Majesty, " he told Li Jing, "Let me help, "

The Ghost Lord stepped aside, and let Zhe Yan do his work. The High God summoned a spell and began to heal her injury. 

"What is the meaning of this, " Li Jing yelled towards the Heavenly Lord. "What was she doing in there!"  

The Heavenly Lord's face turned red, "You dare to-"

"The Ghost Lord's anger is justified, " Ye Hua interrupted him, "We were the ones at fault here, "  

Yan Zhi coughed out dust. She tried to reach out to Ye Hua, he knelt down to meet her. She was hanging at the thread of consciousness. "Su Su is… Su Su is…" She tried to whisper into his ear, "She is…"