Chapter 10

They debated a long time on where Ye Hua should sleep from now on. Seeing that he's hurt, Su Su had agreed to lend him her bed. But that left Su Su nowhere to sleep. 

Yan Zhi had suggested that they stuff him in her bedroom. But Su Su argued that the room was too small for him to heal properly. 

Then Yan Zhi proposed that Su Su and she can sleep in the smaller room instead. Seeing that was improper for a man and woman to be alone in the same room.

It was the outcome Ye Hua didn't want at all. Therefore, he faked a coughing fit so terrible that Su Su relented and decided to sleep by the table for a few days to better take care of him. 

The look that the Ghost Princess gave him was downright murderous. Then her expression changed, she smiled at him, "How about I stay here and take care of you instead, " 

Ye Hua preferred her trying to murder him instead. 

Thankfully, Su Su insisted that she takes care of him herself. She pushed Yan Zhi out of the room. 

After an awkward moment of Su Su tucking him in bed, she fell asleep on the table. 

This won't do.

After months and months of her sleeping by his side, the empty space beside him seemed out of place.  In the dead of night, Ye Hua waited until she was sound asleep. Without making a sound, he got out of bed. 

He carried Su Su to bed and laid beside her. The bright red quilt shielding them from the chill in the air. A few moments later, she flipped her body and rested her head against his shoulder, just like she did every night. A warm feeling spread over him, he smiled. 

You can't find such warmth in heaven.

______________________________

Yan Zhi poked the bird she picked up yesterday. She sighed as she stared at the birdcage, "I bring you here so that she can care for you, can't believe that reptile beat you to it," 

"You really need to stop calling me a reptile," a voice behind said.

Surprised, Yan Zhi immediately jumped out of the chair. She summoned a defensive spell out of instinct. When she saw it was the Crown Prince, she jammed the spell inches from his face.

He gave her a look of irritation. He stepped back and nudged her hand away. "There's no need for that, "

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand, " she threatened. Su Su was in the kitchen, washing up the dishes. Yan Zhi was sitting by the front porch when the Celestial snuck up on her.

"Su Su would be disheartened to find me dead, " he said simply. 

Yan Zhi recessed her spell and clenched her fists, "Why are you here anyway? And in this form?"

"Three reasons, "

"What reason?"

"First, the Jade Purity Fan of Kunlun. It was made by High God Mo Yuan of Kunlun Mountain. Therefore, it is a Celestial sacred artifact. It should be returned to us, " he explained, "Su Su once told the snake that she gave it to you, "

"I don't have it right now. I gave it back to Su Su, "

"I'll just have to take it then, " 

"You can't take it back! The fan had claimed Su Su as its owner, " 

"She's mortal, " he said, "She can't even use it, "

Yan Zhi then explained how the fan had worked when they were fleeing the Ghost Realm. The Crown Prince pondered this. Finally, he said "I guess I better stay here and keep a close watch on it until the immortal Si Yin claims it back, "