Chapter 12

Yan Zhi stared out to the distance, they had been gone for hours. It's getting late, they should be home by now.

She fought the urge to go out to look for them. She knew she shouldn't have encouraged her. But it's so hard to argue with Su Su with her puppy dog eyes.

Su Su had come to Yan Zhi for advice on how to deal with her bubbling feelings. Yan Zhi was horrified at first and tried to discourage her.

"He's is not what he seems, "

"He's lying to you, "

"He's going to steal your possession, "

"He can't be trusted,"

"He's going to break your heart,"

Su Su took her advice like it was wind by her ear, which was nothing. She was adamant that based on his actions, Ye Hua was a true gentleman. Yan Zhi felt like hitting her head against the wall. It's just acting, he was a heavenly class liar.

What does that snake want from Su Su anyway? Why did he go through all this trouble? Did he really love her? Or is it just a fleeting affection for him?

These were the question Yan Zhi need to ask Ye Hua himself. Based on his pride, he won't answer any of her concerns.

And Su Su had a lot of concerns too.

"What if he'll leave after he's healed?"
Then good riddance.

"What if he's didn't like me back?"
Oh, I'm sure he does.

"What if he's already married or engaged to someone else?"

Yan Zhi wasn't caught up with gossip in the Nine Heavens, so she couldn't answer that question.

"Why don't you just go up there and ask him?"

Su Su shrink down to her seat. "I can't, "

"Why not?" Yan Zhi asked.

Su Su was silent for a while.

"You're shy?" Yan Zhi asked, "You aren't shy before,"

"It's different now, " She said as she looked out the window. Ye Hua was chopping firewood for them. Due to the hot weather, he rolled up his sleeves. His arm muscles were exposed in the midday sun. Su Su let out a soft sigh as she admired the view from outside.

"You really like him huh?" Yan Zhi asked. Su Su nodded. Yan Zhi breathed out a sigh. Su Su was her own woman.
Yan Zhi had no right to control who she loved. That Crown Prince wasn't all that bad. She could have done a lot worse. Yan Zhi's own brothers for example.

"Besides, I'm not that pretty. Why would he like me back? " Su Su pondered.

At that word, Yan Zhi pulled Su Su up her feet. "Have you look at yourself in a mirror?" She shook her shoulders, "You're the most beautiful woman I know. I'd seen goddesses, they got nothing on you, "

"But I-"

"Su Su, if you keep quiet, nothing will happen, "

"I thought you don't like him, "

"I don't. But I'm sick of you wallowing in your misery. Now get out there, and woo him." Yan Zhi pushed Su Su out the door.

When Ye Hua saw Su Su, he paused. Su Su managed to say three sentences out before running back into Yan Zhi.

Dear heavens, this is gonna take some time.

After watching Su Su failing to confess her feelings multiple times. Yan Zhi had it. It's embarrassing really. It's no longer matter if that Crown Prince is a lying, scheming scoundrel. It's a matter of pride. If Su Su can't handle a man that basically served himself on a platter for her then Su Su can't handle any man.