Chapter 1: Fire Nation Festival

"KAIIIIRRAA!!"

I licked my lips and looked up, confused. Realizing I had just been forced awake, I rolled out of bed lazily and moved to my bedroom window to see him standing out on the street.

Jeez, sometimes he can be such a pain in the butt.

"What is so important that you had to wake me up so early in the morning?!" I yelled back at him.

"First of all, it's past twelve, second of all today is the fire bending festival! "

The sleep seemed to vanish the second I heard that. I grinned widely and grabbed onto the edge of the window. Off I went to the earth, my landing soft and swift.

Jin rolled his eyes. "You're a waterbender, don't forget that. We don't want a repeat of last spring."

"Pfftt last spring was nothing. I broke nothing, stop worrying." I laughed, slapping his back. With the way he worries I wouldn't be surprised if his hair turned white over night.

He gritted his teeth and flicked my ear lobe."You won't be laughing when your on your bed, sick and sobbing, crying, "Oh Jin you were right, and I wasn't, can you take me to the toilet so I can—"

"Whatever grangran" I retorted.

"Moron."

I suddenly got slammed to the ground. A big fat mole-tiger on me, licking at my face.

"Oh who's a good girl? You are!" I cooed at her, rubbing her face. Dumpling was my baby. I found her in a rubbish bin, five years ago and raising her has been a hassle since.

As evening came to pass we trekked down the street to the festival.

☆゚.*・。゚

When we arrived at the festival it was around six. Everywhere was stalls and stalls of food and crafts, fire Nation food and crafts. In front were stages of dancing fire benders, with crowds gathering before them.

Jin's arm was locked in mine, as I dragged him from one side of the avenue to the other.

"Geez woman cool it, I don't get your obsession with the fire nation. Remember the war? " Jin whined.

"I just like them. And come on, you know the war was more than a 100 years ago" I said, not so focused on him, stuffing my face with more food.

"Fine. You're right" he sighed.

"I know" I grinned and swallowed.

He sighed, staring down at his empty wallet.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to another stand. "Ok lemme buy you something. Come on don't be so glum, let's go check that out"

Jin practicality bought the whole stand, with my money of course. I didn't mind. We both part-timed at dads pottery shop, and this festival was a one time thing. As they say go big or go home.

Jin was still suspicious of my sudden generosity. I smiled widely shaking my head.
Jin has been my friend since, honestly since I could remember. I'm not really sure of how we became friends but we've just been. He's almost like a brother to me. We did everything together.

---

After eating one too many things and trying to stop Dumpling from eating everything she sees, we finally join the huge crowd to watch the performances.

The dancer shot fire out of his hands and feet in all directions, it looked so dangerous and yet he did it so carefully. After his act he bowed and left and the next performer came on stage.