Chapter 4: Memories

"Because I have spiritual powers that can reveal ones true self" I said with a serious face, the most serious face I could master.

You won't believe this but Lee looked shocked. Like shocked shocked. I couldn't take it anymore, I exploded with laughter at his face.

He seemed to have been taken a back by me, which made me laugh even harder.

"Im, kidding", I said inbetween laughter.

"Haha, that's very funny" He said with a small smile. Whaa.... Did he just smile. Wow who would've thought Mr. Serious pants could smile. I smiled at his smile.

"Kai, that's rude" Dad said with his head stuck in a newspaper. Says the guy who's reading the newspaper, while we have guest over. And where did he even get a newspaper.

"Sorry" I muttered. Dad can be such a joy kill.

"I should get going" Lee said, abruptly standing, causing dad to put down his newspaper. "Thank you sir Kiva and Kaira for the meal and hospitality" He said with a bow.

"Do you know where the station is? " Dad asked.

Lee pursed his lips,"I don't"

"Kai" Dad said, moving his head from me to him. "pay up your dept, "

"I know dad" I grumbled. Lee stayed quiet watching us with curious eyes. "Let's go? "

He nodded and we walked out together  leaving dad to finish his newspaper.

As soon the door opened, I heard someone call out my name. The kids were outside on the road.

"Hey" I waved and walked over to them. With Lee walking behind me.

"What's up? " I asked them.

"Nothing" Ping drawled while eyeing Lee, "who are you? "

"Oh let me introduce you guys, guys meet Lee, Lee meet ping, nini, camy, krig, kiko and nata" I said Pointing at each child, while naming them.

"Where you headed? " Krig asked. Krig is the youngest one.

"The train station" Lee answerd.

"Oooh, can we come too? " Nini, asked clapping her hands hopping up and down.

"Sure" I answerd. The train station wasn't that far away. But it would take a while to get there.

"Soooo lee, what are you doing here?,in our small town" Nata, one of the 3 girls asked.

"Im just passing through" Lee said.

"Where you going? " Kiko asked. Nata and kiko are twins.

"A small town, a few miles away from here....I have work there"

"Oooh what do you do for work? " Nini asked excitedly.

"I'm an army general" Lee seemed to enjoy to talking with them. Which was sweet.

"If you're such a big fancy general how come you didnt get your own air ship?" I asked, joining in on the conversation.

"I was offered one, but I declined" Lee said.

"I wonder why" Ping said, with a sly grin. "Are you scared of flying? "

"No! " Lee said hurriedly. I didn't take Lee for the scared of heights kinda person.

Everyone erupted in laughter as Lee's cheeks turned the lightest shade of pink.

"It's cool, your secrets safe with us" I reassured him, bumping his shoulder with mine. He looked at me with a defeated look and sighed.