Chapter 21: Its over

Kaira POV
The two men walked behind me, while I walked in front of them through the tunnel. I needed to get out of there.

I stopped and turned to the two men.

"Hey, you two don't look like, you know the type of guys, who would hurt a small girl like me" I grinned.

"Keep moving" One said gruffly.

I sighed out loud, "welp if you say so"

Ok this is it. You gotta earth bend the heck out of them. Feel the earth.

I moved my feet, sliding one over the other, and the tunnel wall came sliding to the other. I took that as my chance speeding down the tunnel to wherever it was they were gonna take me. But they were earthbenders too, not too long after and they were already behind me.

I froze the cuffs, and ripped them apart. Got in my earthebnding stance, my hands apart from each other, bringing them closer, simultaneously bringing the tunnel ceiling, walls, and floor together into big piles of rocks.

And I continued to run. Leaving frozen puddles along the way. I could still hear their footsteps behind me, but they were slow.

I kept running foward because there wasn't something up ahead. Something big and heavy. And I needed to find out what. Maybe it's the exit. But no it wasn't. It was a prison.

Lined up, as far as the eye could see were prison cells, side by side. Prisons of people. Oh man, this people must've resisted the president. Many were slouched over in there cells, face paled and looking hungry.

"Kaira!! " Chiyo's voice echoes throughout the tunnel. She was a few cells down, hitting the iron.

I ran towards her. Tears stained her face, her hair wilder than usually.

"What happened? How-"

"Help Jin" She said, looking behind me. In the cell opposite of Chiyo was Jin. I felt the sob clog up my throat. His face was as pale as a dead person, lying on his side, eyes red.

"Hey Kai" His lips turned up only the slightest.

I dropped to my knees, and crawled to him.

"Dude move closer, so I'll he-al you" I said my voice breaking.

"I can't move... " He said, but it came out more like a whisper.

I held onto the bars, that separated us. They weren't metal. They couldn't be, or else Chiyo would already have broke this whole prison down.

"No you're going to be ok, just hold on man" I reached through the bars, towards Jin, my fingers only an inch away from his.

Footsteps ran down the tunnel towards us. I turned my head expecting to see, the two men, but it was not.

Third POV
An hour earlier

In the midst of a battle, Nico spotted Kaira in the crowd. Her jaw dropped open, but before Nico could reach her someone took her.

She ended her fight, quickly and looked around for Oppa, there was no sign of him.

So instead she fled up to the buildings, hopping from building to building following closely behind, but careful enough to keep out of sight. Things turned South when the earth opened up, and the truck drove through it. She hopped down from the buildings to the ground. Looking around at the place.

But she also knew someone was watching her. They came out of nowhere, cuffed her and broke through the same tunnel the truck had just drove into. She didn't resist, dropped her staff and went willingly.

They turned from tunnel to tunnel. Eventually they walked straight down without anymore turns.

"Hey you and your little avatar friends, better stop messing around in republic city" The man behind her said.

"When did we ever mess around? " Nico asked, stopping in her tracks.

"Oh you wanna act smart" The man on Nico's right said.

"I'm just asking a question" Nico turned around, and eyed the two men. They were pretty slim, but well dressed. Attached to the belt of the man on the left was a bundle of keys.

"Hey turn around! " The man who held the keys grunted.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that" Nico said, face as blank as ever. She crouched down quick, swinging her legs, knocking the two man off their feet. She plucked the keys from the man, as fast as she could with her hands still tied behind her back but the man took that as his chance to grab onto Nico's hands too.
Holding her down.

This was a tunnel underground. She was a thirteen year old airbender. What could she do?

Just when she thought all was lost. The tunnels ceilings crack and folds in, dropping in was a big fat dumpling.

"What in the world...? " The man said, his hold loosened and Nico ran. Past those greasy man and down the tunnel.

It was earthbending mole-tiger against earthbenders. The fight was on. The first man built diagonal earths slits against dumpling holding her down. But she wasnt the type to be held down so easily. The slits crumbled like nothing. She ran foward, pushed the two out of the way and followed after Nico. As dumpling ran, the tunnel ground shook, moving up and down in waves, knocking the men of their feet.

Dumpling caught up to the two man who took Kaira here. When they saw her, they immediately brought up a wall to block her. Again she broke through it, threw the men against the wall, with her earthbending and sped after the airbender.

"Thanks girl" Nico smiles. Patting her fur. The smile on Nico's face was wiped away just as quick when she saw the scene before her.

Kaira was kneeling against the bars, tears dripping from her eyes. Nico immediately ran to her. Her eyes widened fearfully at her brother. She fitted the key in the cell lock, turning it, and slamming the cell door open. Kaira rushed in. Her shaky hands, twisting and turning in the air, pulling all the water vapour she could. The water around her hands glowed a light blue, as she put her hands against Jin's face.

"You're gonna be ok man, come on, you're making me cry" Kaira said, smiling and crying at the same time. Dumpling makes a weeping sound, walking into the cell and rubbing her head against Jin's. Nico couldn't just stand and watch, she turned away opening Chiyo's cell door. Chiyo hugged Nico, as Nico stood numb. Chiyo then moved onto to Kaira.

"Hey... " Chiyo rubbed Kaira's back. Nico went on to open the other cells.

"I'm sorry I let this happen. I shouldn't have...the spirit" Chiyo whimpered.

"Spirit? " Kaira asked.

"It-"

Kaira's eyes lit up. The air around her swirled. The earth shook. The tattoos behind the bandages, glowed. The earth opened up, she floated up, and onto the road.

Her body was a few feet off the earth. She lifted her right hand, and a huge earth ridge rose and divided the spirits and humans, who were yards away. They gasped and stepped back.

Her body floats to the battle field.

"It's over" She said.

________________________________________________

Ok my dudes, I've been tinkering... Hehe sorry Tinkerbell. *big man cough* yes I was thinking and well, as you may have noticed we are coming to an end. But don't be sad, (or happy) I am tinkering up the second book. Well not the whole plot but some aspects of it.
Anyways byeeee!!