Chapter 19: Deception

Third POV

"Where's the avatar. Bring her out! " One spirit yelled.

"What are they talking about? " Jin asked Oppa, staring at the incoming crowd of spirits.

"Keep your head in the game or you're gonna loose it" Oppa said, totally ignoring his question.

Jin turned back, nodded at Chiyo and Nico and back at the spirits.

They were back in their heavy armours and were ready to fight. To protect their kind as Oppa said. Using any means necessary.

A big kangaroo–like spirit was heading right for Jin. He gulped and shielded himself by building up a big wall of ice before him. It ran right into it like a bird against glass, except it was a kangaroo spirit against ice.

"Come on, we don't have to do this" Jin tried.
But it ignored Jin, hopping high in the air and kicking the ice breaking it and kicking Jin right in the gut.

"Oh ho ho" He groaned, "why?! "
But he knew this wasn't the time to cry so he got up, held onto his stomach and shot blades of thin ice at the spirit. They sliced the kangaroo–spirit right through. He didn't enjoy watching the spirit disappear like that. If anything he hated it. Another ran right for him again, a weird whisp like spirit. "Please if you guys could just stop for a second–" The spirit walked right through him. His face paled, his eyes rolled back leaving only the white part visible as he fell to his knees, shaking.

"Jin!! " Chiyo yelled. She kicked the last rock at the spirit destroying it completely and ran to Jin. He continued shaking frantically.

Nico was in the midst of a battle between at least a dozen spirits when she heard Chiyo and saw her brother on the ground. She bended an air ball, running over the spirits and ran to her older brother.

He finally stopped shaking and fell to the earth.

Tears spilled from Chiyo's eyes, "hey, Jin get up. You're gonna be okay. Kaira's not here yet, you're gonna be okay" She shook him lightly in her hands.

Nico kneeled beside the two. Mouth ajar. Her breathing slowed. She didn't say a thing, just starred.

"We need a healer!! " Chiyo yelled out to anyone who could help.

It felt like forever before someone ran to their side, picked Jin up and guided the two back to a van.

"He's the Avatar's friend, am I right? " The officer asked Chiyo once he'd strapped Jin to some sort of bed.

"What does it matter, help him! " Chiyo cried. She climbed onto the seat. Jin's body looked so cold. His eyes were closed. Chiyo wished he'd wake up right now and say "hah! Got ya" But he didn't.

"Nico come on, what're you waiting for? " Chiyo said looking over at Nico who hadn't climbed in yet.

"You go, I'll help out here" Her lips stretching into a small smile, "make sure he's awake when I get back so I can kick his butt"

She turned away and walked back into battle. She didn't want to say anything that would make Chiyo cry anymore than she already had or else she'd start crying too. She had to protect the citizens here, because that's why she came with Kaira, she could've gone back, but who leaves a friend behind, definitely not her.

She and Jin knew that they were going to receive hell for doing this. But thier mom was just as wild as they were, what could be such a big deal.

She twirled her Staff throwing spirits here and there, ready to kick butt to avenge her brother.