Chapter 17: Spirit World

"Can you at least tell me who Malaika is? "

"No... Shut up... I'm not gonna tell"

"Please........! "

"I said no"

I narrow my eyes at the small cute spirit, "fine. At least tell me your name.. "

It makes a grumbling noise and says, "Po"

"That's so cute!! " I coo.

No idea where we were. Some road, in some suburb. There wasn't any one out. The houses were quiet and the street lights were just a glow. I didn't have a destination. Didn't know where this destination was.

"You are nothing like avatar Korra"

"Oh I've heard.. " I rolled my eyes. What?! I'm tired of hearing that. Can't I just be me.

"She was the best"

I stopped and stared up at the Po, "You knew her?"

"All spirits knew avatar Korra, she was the avatar! "

I sighed loudly, " Why are spirits possessing humans? " Changing the subject.

"Obviously because we're angry that the portals are closed"

"I mean-" I hesitated, he wouldn't answer anyway, I wanted to ask him how or why they closed " But why posses? "

His reply would make my skin crawl.

"They don't want us in their homes, or their world. Humans are soft. Made of skin and blood. It would be so easy to tear them apart"

I gulped, "Not all humans are bad"

"No not all, but most are"

"How can I help? "

"Fine...it is a must, we need to visit the portal vines"

"You mean avatar Korra park? " I perked an eyebrow.

"No, the source of avatar Korra park"
.
.
.
I yawned out loud.

"We could stop, if you'd like? " Po said. But I brushed him off with a shake of the head.

"Are you sure? "

"If I sleep now, I'll wake two days later. I think it's best if we try to save the world now" I shrugged and we kept walking.

We eventually made it out the neighborhood. We were in a small avenue. To be specific, an abandoned avenue.

We kept walking untill we made it to the opening.

It was quiet and eerie. I loved it.

I love how one place can be filled with so much life, and yet be so peaceful. I would never have imagined people being scared of this place.

Unlike Avatar Korra Park, this place was vast. Open and wide, filled with nature, vines crawling and creeping. I could live here forever.

A whooshing sound catchs my attention. I twist and turn, looking for the source.

Po was acting up, he flinched and growled, eyes turning red.

"Whoa whoa, calm down. It could just be-" When I walked around the vines, the sight of a fire bender, shooting flames at the vines made me freeze. He wasn't just any fire Bender.

"Lee, what are you doing?! " I yelled, running over to him.

He stopped and turned to me, fear written all over his face, "what- what are you doing here? "