Chapter 16 Pt 1: The Battle (Third POV)

Avatar Kaira, just straight up disappeared  while the everyone else was trying to deal with protecting the city.

Jin, Nico and Chiyo's voice echoed into nothing. Once Kaira was fully gone the spirits shot out tree faster than dumpling could trample anyone.

One shot right at Oppa. The spirit resembled a wolf, but larger, he sprung at Oppa dropping him to the ground. However Oppa was a skilled officer who had trained day and night for his job. He got to his feet, bended all the water in the air he could and circled the wolf spirit with it, creating a big ball of water. He wasn't trying to use the water  bending method that calmed down evil spirits, he'd already tried that before and the results weren't pleasant. The spirit broke from the ball of water, growled at the water bender and stared back at him with eyes ready to kill. Again Oppa bended the water and shot at the spirit and their fight continued.

The man each fought with the spirits, it was an equal match, no one had won yet.

A small green bush–like spirit stood before Jin, it's thin eyes blank.

"You don't wanna hurt me, do you? " Jin gulped, "we could be friends, hi I'm Ji–" Before he could finish the spirit was already chewing at his toes. Jin yelped and ran back and forth, as everyone else fought for dear life.

Spirit after spirit flew at Nico only to be knocked back with her air bending and a wave of her staff. Then out of the blue came running a monkey spirit, he was quick and agile, jumping onto Nico's shoulders, turning in the air and kicking her from the back, resulting in her falling face first to the earth. While she lay there, grunting, the spirit made a few ooh ahh sounds while beating its chest in joy.

Chiyo was–well she was kicking butt. Spirits flew here and there with every earthbending method she had mastered since she was twelve. She bended a boulder, threw it at an attacking spirit, which also somehow hit another officer in battle. She cringed."sorry" And that's when Jin just so happened to have freed his toe from the bush spirit and bump into her, knocking both of them to the ground.

"Leave it to Jin to knock people over during a very life threatening battle", Chiyo groaned.

"Move back!! I said Move Back!!! " Oppa yelled at the top of his lungs, "We need to protect the citizens!! "

And just like that everyone dropped there fights and ran for the Vans. Chiyo picked up Jin, and they ran, along the way dragging Nico with. They made it to a van dropped onto the seats like flies and watched from the closing doors as the spirits ran after them.

"They're not evil?! "  Nico yelled at Chief Oppa.

"When did I ever say they were" He said. Face blank and calm.

"I thought waterbenders could just use their technique–thing and stop all of this! " She said her voice dropping slightly.

"These things, they aren't evil. They're angry"

"Then why can't we just talk to them? " Chiyo inquiried.

"We did" Oppa said, "she told us, this was their will untill the portals open again"

"Where did Kaira go? " Jin asked.

"I wouldn't know. I've never seen this happen before" Oppa's face twisted in confusion.

"She's ok right? " Chiyo asked.

"Yeah... She has to be" Oppa answered, but he didn't sound so sure of him self either.

☆゚.*・。

3 hours earlier

Lee had been summoned to the Oppa's office when they arrived at the police station. He had dropped Jin, Nico and Chiyo at the armory with another officer before he made it to Oppa's office.